What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're a thinker. I'll go for the bigger ones. And offer them a chunky steak

116019116_88778be61f_b.jpg

JokerEel

Coach
Apparently Ice is going to go to Tigers next year..

I would seriously go all out for David Fafita and not the twin from My Druitt....

Chipmunk

Coach
Brown did himself no favours in contract negotiations tonight. Moses on the other hand has just put $100k a year on his next deal.

If we're poor against the Dogs next week, then Moses will cost us $1.2m a season. Brown will need to go to the Warriors to collect the high paid NZ welfare.

Chipmunk

Coach
Apparently Ice is going to go to Tigers next year..

I would seriously go all out for David Fafita and not the twin from My Druitt....
So you want to replace a bloke we're paying $175k to this year for a bloke on $1m?

How do you want the other $825k from the salary cap covered?

emjaycee

Coach
There is a couple and their 2 adult daughers, their spouses and some grandkids who sit in the 2 rows in front of me at CommBank. Nice couple, early-mid 60's probably and mad supporters who get to every game by half-time in reggies when reggies are on before the NRL game. One of the daughters moved to WA early in 2020 and they kept the tickets because of the good location - they let friends etc use them.

They were all there tonight, including the WA family of 5, all except the dad/grandad.
He passed away in the last couple of days suddenly and to honour his memory and his love for the Eels, the whole family came out to the game. His widow was quiet and the rest of them very subdued, but they came as a family because it was what they did as a family.

And our team, who don't understand what they mean to some fans, didn't turn up.
Saddens me on two fronts.

*sips whiskey - "Cheers Mate - RIP".

JokerEel

Coach
So you want to replace a bloke we're paying $175k to this year for a bloke on $1m?

How do you want the other $825k from the salary cap covered?

Pie and a coke!

Apparently we had enough cap space for ice next season whatever that is who knows...

We do need another game breaking forward though it's wishful thinking to get Fafita but that's what the club needs...

Chipmunk

Coach
There is a couple and their 2 adult daughers, their spouses and some grandkids who sit in the 2 rows in front of me at CommBank. Nice couple, early-mid 60's probably and mad supporters who get to every game by half-time in reggies when reggies are on before the NRL game. One of the daughters moved to WA early in 2020 and they kept the tickets because of the good location - they let friends etc use them.

They were all there tonight, including the WA family of 5, all except the dad/grandad.
He passed away in the last couple of days suddenly and to honour his memory and his love for the Eels, the whole family came out to the game. His widow was quiet and the rest of them very subdued, but they came as a family because it was what they did as a family.

And our team, who don't understand what they mean to some fans, didn't turn up.
Saddens me on two fronts.

*sips whiskey - "Cheers Mate - RIP".
No good if was only mid 60s.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Brown did himself no favours in contract negotiations tonight. Moses on the other hand has just put $100k a year on his next deal.

If we're poor against the Dogs next week, then Moses will cost us $1.2m a season. Brown will need to go to the Warriors to collect the high paid NZ welfare.
I hope Moses and Drown (and their deadshit managers) realise it’s the sum of the parts and not their individual brilliance that will bring success. Drown in particular has a very long career on good coin if he stays in a competitive set up. If he chases coin now in a cellar dweller team that pay day could very quickly subside.

emjaycee

Coach
I hope Moses and Drown (and their deadshit managers) realise it’s the sum of the parts and not their individual brilliance that will bring success. Drown in particular has a very long career on good coin if he stays in a competitive set up. If he chases coin now in a cellar dweller team that pay day could very quickly subside.
Might be what Mahoney and Papali'i realise too... too late.

Chipmunk

Coach
Moses is worth over $1 million without Brown, at probably 10 clubs. Brown is far less without a good half, at any club.

emjaycee

Coach
We need someone like Hopgood defending in the middle. Matterson can go out to Papali’i’s edge. It will improve our middle and our right edge significantly, in defence at least.
Not only do we need to improve our defence on that edge, but we need to improve our attack with someone who is prepared to run lines and run decoys. We are absolutely shit at any movement off the ball and you could see tonight that for the most part, Souths had done their homework on (a) Papali'i coming back outside-in off the half-back and (b) Lane needing to get through the line to get his arm free for an off-load to support. South nullified both of these pretty well which meant until we started playing Parraball we had not much to bother them on either edge. It has been that way for 2 years. IMO Ice only looked the goods (and got his DallyM Second-Rower of the Year) last year because our power game had him attacking from inside the 20 more often which we have only been able to do on a couple of occasions this season.