What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
Not only do we need to improve our defence on that edge, but we need to improve our attack with someone who is prepared to run lines and run decoys. We are absolutely shit at any movement off the ball and you could see tonight that for the most part, Souths had done their homework on (a) Papali'i coming back outside-in off the half-back and (b) Lane needing to get through the line to get his arm free for an off-load to support. South nullified both of these pretty well which meant until we started playing Parraball we had not much to bother them on either edge. It has been that way for 2 years. IMO Ice only looked the goods (and got his DallyM Second-Rower of the Year) last year because our power game had him attacking from inside the 20 more often which we have only been able to do on a couple of occasions this season.
Spot on.

Avenger

Immortal
If Papali’i decides that he will honour his contract I’d go all out for someone like Radley at the Roosters. He’s on unders over there and we need his aggression. I’d play him at lock and Matterson on the edge with Lane.

Something must have changed because I was told earlier in the week that Ice was staying.

Happy MEel

First Grade
YES, he was terrible. Only made 61 tackles !!!!!! FMD...
No one is questioning his effort. He’s a tough little bugger. However, our attack starts with him and he so often takes the wrong option off the ruck, over plays his hand and he gets absolutely dominated in defence. It would be interesting to have a stat looking at post contact metres conceded in a tackle.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
We have Storm,Brisbane and Dogs left. How many do we win?
Possible we win all 3 or lose all 3. 1 win make it very interesting.
It puts us on 30 points. If Canberra win out they'll end on 30. But we'd have a 60 point better for and against currently.
That can disappear quick however. They have Saints and Manly at Home and Knights and Tigers away.
I can see them improving there's by 40 points perhaps maybe even 50. Id say we will stay close to what it is currently.

A loss to Dogs would make thing very interesting.

hindy111

Post Whore
Storm still have to face Parra and Brisbane away and Roosters at home. It's a shame Penrith had everyone out. They could of been also treading water to make the top 8.
I'm not convinced they'll win another game.

Souths smashed us but that was expected. We always get lapped by them. BA hasn't worked out a way to beat them. While Walkers there forget it.

Was dissapointing the way we lost and after 10 mins they had opened us up 5 times. I am more confident in the next 3 games.
Its interesting cause if we didmlose to the DOGS ALARM BELLS for sure.

84 Baby

Referee
No one is questioning his effort. He’s a tough little bugger. However, our art k Ararat’s with him and he so often takes the wrong option off the ruck, over plays his hand and he gets absolutely dominated in defence. It would be interesting to have a stat looking at post contact metres conceded in a tackle.
I was hoping as the season went on he’d focus more on this season and worry about next year, next year. But to me he looks like he’s already left. And I don’t like to scapegoat but as you said definitely our art k Ararat’s with him

King-Gutho94

Coach
Storm still have to face Parra and Brisbane away and Roosters at home. It's a shame Penrith had everyone out. They could of been also treading water to make the top 8.
I'm not convinced they'll win another game.

Souths smashed us but that was expected. We always get lapped by them. BA hasn't worked out a way to beat them. While Walkers there forget it.

Was dissapointing the way we lost and after 10 mins they had opened us up 5 times. I am more confident in the next 3 games.
Its interesting cause if we didmlose to the DOGS ALARM BELLS for sure.
If Melbourne lost on Thursday night nothing in my mind would have changed.

Unfortunately Melbourne got a win that wasn't expected so reality is we need them to drop a game in the next 2 and hope we win our last 3 to make the 4.

I had us losing last night while winning our last 3 to make the 4. Just had Melbourne losing to Penrith though in that equation.

Noise

Coach
Unfortunately Melbourne got a win that wasn't expected so reality is we need them to drop a game in the next 2 and hope we win our last 3 to make the 4.

I had us losing last night while winning our last 3 to make the 4. Just had Melbourne losing to Penrith though in that equation.
I’m surprised people thought Penrith would beat the storm when they had Luai, Cleary , edwards, May and JFH out. Particularly when Storm had returned to a bit of form.

strider

Post Whore
I hope Moses and Drown (and their deadshit managers) realise it’s the sum of the parts and not their individual brilliance that will bring success. Drown in particular has a very long career on good coin if he stays in a competitive set up. If he chases coin now in a cellar dweller team that pay day could very quickly subside.
So you think we are good ... lol

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’m surprised people thought Penrith would beat the storm when they had Luai, Cleary , edwards, May and JFH out. Particularly when Storm had returned to form.
Hughes not playing.

I wouldn't say Melbourne have been convincing.

Dylan Edwards out was a bigger loss then people anticipated.

He actually was the only spine player that missed the semi final they lost to souths last year. So potentially he is just as important to them as Cleary and Luai.

strider

Post Whore
If Papali’i decides that he will honour his contract I’d go all out for someone like Radley at the Roosters. He’s on unders over there and we need his aggression. I’d play him at lock and Matterson on the edge with Lane.

Something must have changed because I was told earlier in the week that Ice was staying.
You know what Ice is ... a dirty rotten flip flopper

strider

Post Whore
We have Storm,Brisbane and Dogs left. How many do we win?
Possible we win all 3 or lose all 3. 1 win make it very interesting.
It puts us on 30 points. If Canberra win out they'll end on 30. But we'd have a 60 point better for and against currently.
That can disappear quick however. They have Saints and Manly at Home and Knights and Tigers away.
I can see them improving there's by 40 points perhaps maybe even 50. Id say we will stay close to what it is currently.

A loss to Dogs would make thing very interesting.
Dont underestimate the shit teams in the final few rounds. There is always a few wins by underdogs ..... i will bet you two $16 gins that caberra will lose one of those games

Latest posts