What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Re Matterson, I think I will keep my judgment till any facts emerge. I agree on the face of it its very odd. But, if he takes the fine then because of his priors, any new offence in the next season will lead to a more lengthy ban again. He has form. Taking the suspension now will wipe his slate clean once he is back on the field, and we have possibly been tipped that he can serve a game or 2 in the trials. Or, f**k his eyes.

Noise

Coach
Re Matterson, I think I will keep my judgment till any facts emerge. I agree on the face of it its very odd. But, if he takes the fine then because of his priors, any new offence in the next season will lead to a more lengthy ban again. He has form. Taking the suspension now will wipe his slate clean once he is back on the field, and we have possibly been tipped that he can serve a game or 2 in the trials. Or, f**k his eyes.
Carry over points aren’t a thing anymore. They scrapped them at the beginning of 2022. Everyone’s slate is wiped clean already. Also you can not serve a suspension during trials. He can play in a trial game but the suspension can not count.

Noise

Coach
Last edited:

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
There's no carry over points, correct. But your slate isn't clean under then new system until 12 months after the first offence starting round 1 2022. It's clear as mud, but in this case either we assume Matto is a complete merkin, or the club has made a decision with info that we don't have. I'm going the latter for now.
[URL www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/10/nrl-confirm-enhancements-to-judiciary-and-match-review-committee/amp/[/URL]

Noise

Coach
There's no carry over points, correct. But your slate isn't clean under then new system until 12 months after the first offence starting round 1 2022. It's clear as mud, but in this case either we assume Matto is a complete merkin, or the club has made a decision with info that we don't have. I'm going the latter for now.
[URL www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/10/nrl-confirm-enhancements-to-judiciary-and-match-review-committee/amp/[/URL]
So then with no carry over points it means that his slate won't be clean whether he accepts the suspension or not because he still has charges that occurred in 2022 (regardless if he paid the fine or got suspended).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Matterson taking the 3 week ban over a 4K fine, is disgraceful, shows where the soft culture of the club is where it’s really at. Where are our management? Who’s running the club ?

Matterson is one player, he is not the whole club.

Glenneel

Bench
Mate his a dick but it's something we need, he's probably one of the most talented centres in the game. We have too many nice guys in our team we need some mongrel. A one-year deal is what I'm hearing and what do we have to lose? If he plays shit hook him to reserve grade.
D is questionable and that is something we need to fix. Prefer Xerri who is younger with much more potential.

Gronk

Staff member
Reaching for the stars with that imbecile.
Dunno but has he been found guilty of anything?

Broadly speaking mandatory DV reporting does convict perps in the public without a trial in the world of public opinion.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Or his Dr has suggested a full 3 months off contact because of concussion. So many plausible reasons over the preferred fine outrage.

These decisions are made internally, after careful consideration and not by the player because he's got moths in his wallet. That's where I am anyway.
October, November, January and most of February. And anyway that won't be the reason. If it was that serious he wouldn't have been playing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Also, the players get their fine money back as part of their retirement fund at the end of their careers.

Where does it say that ? I couldn't find it in the article you posted and that's significant in Matto's decision

Noise

Coach
Where does it say that ? I couldn't find it in the article you posted and that's significant in Matto's decision
It was talked about on NRL 360 a couple of weeks ago when they were discussing all the fines players were getting instead of suspensions this year.

Latest posts