What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
I reckon Simmo will blossom in the centres next year. He's a very good player - just not a winger.
He gets pushed back and dominated too much.

Maybe fullback is his best possie. If he can play like alex Johnston he would be a good winger

The positive is that he tries hard.

In that break he made in the gf, he shouldve scored

He did not switch the ball to his outside arm and he made no attempt to fend edwards nor any real deceptive footwork to beat him like a change in speed, goose step or in and away.

He seems he has to be coached these things rather than it coming naturally

Maybe in the lower grades, his speed got him past many defenders but edwards showed him the sideline, he took it and got tackled easily and edwards is not supremely fast

Russell seems to have the smarts

Incorrect

Coach
Re Matterson, I think I will keep my judgment till any facts emerge. I agree on the face of it its very odd. But, if he takes the fine then because of his priors, any new offence in the next season will lead to a more lengthy ban again. He has form. Taking the suspension now will wipe his slate clean once he is back on the field, and we have possibly been tipped that he can serve a game or 2 in the trials. Or, f**k his eyes.
I'm not sure what more "facts" are going to emerge here. I think beyond the decision to sit out 3 games instead of paying $4K is about all the facts and info we're going to get from here on....

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bullshit. Can you imagine any of these lock forwards contending for a title dogging their team mates next year? Yeo, Murray, Radley, Talmololo, Finucane? No chance. It’s a sign that our culture isn’t good enough across the board. Moses just missed the birth of his first born yet Matterson is happy to miss 3 games to save less than maybe 1% of his income. Matterson can get f**ked.

I know you're emotional, but the fact is we don't know what's happening behind the scenes - none of what I said was bullshit.

On the face of it, it's a dog act, and I'd hope there was more to the story than we currently know.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Knowing that, I’d be getting rid of the merkin. That’s one of the lowest acts you can do from a team perspective. We don’t need that shit at this club. He obviously thinks he’s bigger than the club. Let the merkin know that’s not the case and tell him he’s no longer needed and will be playing Reggie’s until he can find himself a new contract.

Noise

Coach
Knowing that, I’d be getting rid of the merkin. That’s one of the lowest acts you can do from a team perspective. We don’t need that shit at this club. He obviously thinks he’s bigger than the club. Let the merkin know that’s not the case and tell him he’s no longer needed and will be playing Reggie’s until he can find himself a new contract.
He also questioned the team first mentality of the decision.

eel01s

Bench
The whole Matto situation is beyond belief. Firstly, the suspension he copped from a largely innocuous tackle. Edwards backed into him. I thought the NRL put some onus on the attacker not to do this? Secondly, look at how other players with form get off, i.e. Kikau, NAS, etc.

Thirdly, taking a 3 game suspension over a fine is absolutely ridiculous. There has to be repercussions for this if the Club were not involved in the decision.

Eelectrica

Referee
Surely match payments from playing the GF would have more than covered the fine.

Of course the $650K or whatever it is he's getting to play isn't too shabby either.

hindy111

Post Whore
Or we could wait for the explanation. Maybe he will be selected for Scotland or Ireland (guessing) in the WC. Maybe he is having surgery. Maybe there is a complex carryover points reason. Yes one answer is that he has dogged the club, but gee merkins have gone off quick down the outrage path.

f**k of merkin or we will throw you in the river

hindy111

Post Whore
Or his Dr has suggested a full 3 months off contact because of concussion. So many plausible reasons over the preferred fine outrage.

These decisions are made internally, after careful consideration and not by the player because he's got moths in his wallet. That's where I am anyway.

Man I wna throw you in the river