What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
Lads, what do we think of Frizell? I know he isn't at his best but his a solid back-rower. He's on big money at the knights and apparently, they are desperate to offload his salary. Should we make a play?
I honestly would be steering clear of blokes on the wrong side of 30 whose form has been on a downward trajectory and I reckon Frizell and Taupau are in that category. I was a huge Frizell fan going back 3-5 years but he's not providing value for money now. Sure, you might get the Knights chipping in for 2023 but after that I wouldn't want to be covering his (suspected) asking rate in full....

JokerEel

Coach
I honestly would be steering clear of blokes on the wrong side of 30 whose form has been on a downward trajectory and I reckon Frizell and Taupau are in that category. I was a huge Frizell fan going back 3-5 years but he's not providing value for money now. Sure, you might get the Knights chipping in for 2023 but after that I wouldn't want to be covering his (suspected) asking rate in full....

100% the dope chased the coin going to the Knights. Now his value has dropped that much no one in the NRL will want him he will end up in the UK.

Avenger

Immortal
Lads, what do we think of Frizell? I know he isn't at his best but his a solid back-rower. He's on big money at the knights and apparently, they are desperate to offload his salary. Should we make a play?
He’d be a more expensive version of Beau Scott back when we acquired him. I’d rate Scott as a 6/10 back then.

The best way to assess Frizzell is the value he has provided to the Knights who were are in a similar situation to what we were a few years ago. My assessment is it has been less than what Scott provided to us.

Avenger

Immortal
Yeah, I have to agree with you there lads. I think its worth giving Murchie a run he's got potential
At a quarter of the price of what Frizzell is on.

We need the extra money to make sure we can secure our halves and Penisini. We also need go forward which is why I’d be giving To’o and offer of $650k to come across. Nobody makes metres like him and he would take plenty of pressure off our props with his go forward.

eel01s

Bench
I agree with the above sentiment. Tapau is a maybe even for one year, and I think Frizell is too risky. Lucky if you get one decent season out of him.

Different story if we got Klemmer or another hard nosed prop.

JokerEel

Coach
I agree with the above sentiment. Tapau is a maybe even for one year, and I think Frizell is too risky. Lucky if you get one decent season out of him.

Different story if we got Klemmer or another hard nosed prop.

Klemmer is a bigger risk than Frizell.

Frizell for 2 seasons with CO if we can get him now.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Nah mate why would I joke both are quality? Niu is a big bloke he can't be too undersized he's the same build as Penisini. Niu is 177cm and Penisini is 180cm and Niu weighs 94kg and Penisni is 98kg both are stocky and powerful. As for Allen I just like him his not slow at all watch these highlights. Both Niu and Allen are young and have potential at worse Allen can be a good back up 1 for us.

Which part of that video shows Allen as not being slow?
It is mostly very short (slow) runs
Then the two times he is in space he gets run down

Gazzamatta

Coach
Stop buying bloody has beens. Give Emu, El Zak and Rodwell extended game time to show their worth amongst better players. I cant believe after 10 years of poor development we have to recruit other clubs problems. We knew all last season that 5 forwards of our top 17 were leaving yet we did sfa to develop replacements. Absolutely crazy.

Last edited:

SneakyEel

Juniors
Stop buying bloody has beens. Give Emu, El Zak and Rodwell extended game time to show their worth amongst better players. I cant believe after 10 years of poor development we have to recruit other clubs problems. We knew all last season that 5 forwards in our top 17 were leaving yet we did sfa to develop replacements. Absolutely crazy.
I agree Gazza there have been no moves from BA to give these guys decent playing time. The only one was Rodwell and that was three games max.

hindy111

Post Whore
Stop buying bloody has beens. Give Emu, El Zak and Rodwell extended game time to show their worth amongst better players. I cant believe after 10 years of poor development we have to recruit other clubs problems. We knew all last season that 5 forwards in our top 17 were leaving yet we did sfa to develop replacements. Absolutely crazy.

We had a bloke who was too good to keep out on the bench

emjaycee

Coach
Who have we recruited from another club that is a problem?
We may end up with a Tapau or someone similar but so far, our recruitment has been Murchie, Moimosea and Hopgood who all have their best years in front of them and Hodgson who was recruited as much for the on-field leadership we are lacking than anything else.
Just because some posters on here are saying who they want, doesnt mean the club is thinking the same thing mate.
Relax a little.