What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

ash411

Bench
Danny Weidler

How does this not ring huge alarm bells for anyone? The guy reports flat out fiction.

Once I see those two words connected with a story, I instantly dismiss it.

It'll be great to get Hayne back, I would even be willing to offload Jennings for him, but that'd be it for mine.. I would want to lose anyone else.

phantom eel

First Grade
Weidler reporting in "Breaking news" on Channel 9 that Parra have been in talks with Hayne and Beavis for 2 weeks and it appears likely that we will announce that Hayne will sign with us soon. We are insisting that we can afford his $1 million plus price tag however Weidler doesn't think so and stated that we can't therefore meaning that Foran will be quitting the club.
Swapping a rep half in our main position of weakness for an out of form fullback coming back from a two year holiday? No thanks...

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon Jenkovic is the key to Hayne coming back. It will be has last rep game on Wed. Prolly time for him to get a big coin gig in ESL.

phantom eel

First Grade
I reckon Jenkovic is the key to Hayne coming back. It will be has last rep game on Wed. Prolly time for him to get a big coin gig in ESL.
True. He only ended up with us early (release from his Roosters contract) because it was very late in the piece for 2016 recruitment and he had nothing lined up.
Hopefully he's been eyeing the UK market, although Brexit might have made the pounds look less attractive than his contract with us....

I'd rather have Norman and Foran together, than one of them plus Hayne. As it is, both our halves are in situations where we cannot control the outcome (court case and personal issues), so imo we really need to do focus our recruitment on an alternate half/hooker, rather than a sabbatical fullback who has failed at five eighth.

phantom eel

First Grade
Ah... Joshua's link has confirmed that we need a new half and playmaker for 2017.

Hayne is not that person imo.

And Norman could still go down and not be available in 2017 either...

Bigfella

Coach
All we need now is for Hayne to sign with Broncs or dogs to make this officially the worst year for any rugby league supporters ever

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I just hope Foz can get the help he needs and isn't lost to RL.

Between the 7 curse and Sterlo saying he was the most important signing in the clubs history he never had a chance.......

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I know some will laugh, but Benji on the cheap would be a decent option to partner Norman (assuming he stays)

Hodkinson could be an option too.