What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
A broken arm gives the Waqa haters what they were after.

1. Gutho
2. Sivo.
3. Penisini

Russell, Simonsson, Asi, Louizu.

BTW I saw TCT say that Dunster has not yet started contact ?

Cini is on development contract, so not available until June or July.
That sucks if he is injured he had a good season on the wing apart from the Panfers games..

Gronk

Staff member
Russell was always going to be one wing.
Why would Russell be favoured in front of Dunster ? If Dunster is fit and ready to go, doesn't he deserve the start ?

Dunster was injured in a trial Feb 2022, which then gave Russell the start in Rnd 1, who got busted up himself. That was his only game in 2022 as well.

Noise

Coach
Why would Russell be favoured in front of Dunster ? If Dunster is fit and ready to go, doesn't he deserve the start ?

Dunster was injured in a trial Feb 2022, which then gave Russell the start in Rnd 1, who got busted up himself. That was his only game in 2022 as well.
Russell is better. Russell also played some NSW cup in 2022. Dunster hasn’t played a proper game in over a year(maybe 18 months) and isn’t going to be ready anyway.

hindy111

Post Whore
People need to lay off the Sanders talk. It’s very transparent why certain people have jumped on him but he isn’t Drown. He’s years away if he ever makes it

This is a pretty good statement. Only those inside the club would know how the club rate him.
I recall Dargan was really rate highly as was Albert Kelly. It is hard to tell when they are just kids.

hindy111

Post Whore
Blaize Talagi is on a development contract and Ethan Sanders is not. So if there is a pecking order, it's Talagi before Sanders anyway.

That could be true but also be due to physical development and the fact Sanders is signed for a few years already. Maybe Blayze isn't.

84 Baby

Referee

News is circulating Waqa Blake has broken his arm whilst Nathan Brown has injuried his hamstring at training and with less than 6 weeks until the season kicks off, both will miss the start of the Eels campaign. Parramatta Eels are yet to offically confirm.
Can we get a fact check if this means Waqa is first choice or not?

hindy111

Post Whore
Russell is better. Russell also played some NSW cup in 2022. Dunster hasn’t played a proper game in over a year(maybe 18 months) and isn’t going to be ready anyway.

From what I've read Dunster will be eased in via NSW CUP.

How long is a broken arm? I assumed 6-8 weeks. I doubt he will miss many games.

And as far as N.Brown goes hamstrings can be 2 - 3 weeks.
6 weeks is a fair amount of time to heal.

Noise

Coach
From what I've read Dunster will be eased in via NSW CUP.

How long is a broken arm? I assumed 6-8 weeks. I doubt he will miss many games.

And as far as N.Brown goes hamstrings can be 2 - 3 weeks.
6 weeks is a fair amount of time to heal.
Yep broken arm 6-8 weeks usually. Hamstring can be anything from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on severity.
And yes Dunster will play NSW cup once he is fit. Merkins expecting him to come straight back into first grade have no idea how hard it is to come back from an obliterated knee.

JokerEel

Coach
Because most people talking him up have never seen him play. And even less likely to have seen him play against grown men.

Maybe they will now be is on their radar...

I may have missed people slotting him in at halfback round 1 2024 🤔

Cloeel

Juniors
We gave him permission to make a decision as late as May 2023. Why is it ridiculous and disrespectful that he hasnt signed in January?

He would be silly to wait that long as I would guess the Tigers and Bulldogs are not prepared to give him until May?

His timeframe is whatever the Tigers and Bulldogs have put in place - as that is his only leverage.

JokerEel

Coach
He didn’t play Australian schoolboys in 2022. Blaize Talagai did. Why are merkins talking up Sanders over Blaize?

To be honest I am excited to see how both of them progress and I'll be trying to. Watch them play whenever possible.