What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
There is one picture of him standing at centre. Wouldnt read too much into it.
Yep, they train for contingencies. Mitchy often trains at fullback, but how many times has he actually had to sub for Gutho ? Once from memory, but they still to this day train for it.

BTW, we would never have discovered Marata's versatility if we never went down that path.

Gazzamatta

Coach
A guy asked a question on TCT. The context of the reply was a tad vague in relation to this conversation. Not intentionally Im sure. Assumptions were made possibly incorrectly. Misunderstandings I reckon. Its all very exciting nonetheless.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, they train for contingencies. Mitchy often trains at fullback, but how many times has he actually had to sub for Gutho ? Once from memory, but they still to this day train for it.

BTW, we would never have discovered Marata's versatility if we never went down that path.
He played Toyota Cup at centre, so we would’ve known he already had some experience there.

Incorrect

Coach
Do we have any info on trials? I imagine they'll start in about 3 weeks.
I'm guessing we won't be having a trial against the panfers this year, at least not against their full strength team like we've had in recent years as they will likely use this world club challenge game as their trial... Maybe we'll look to play a one and only trial at full strength against another Sydney team... Maybe the Doggies and we can rough that cauliflower-eared merkin up a bit before the season proper starts....

Noise

Coach
I'm guessing we won't be having a trial against the panfers this year, at least not against their full strength team like we've had in recent years as they will likely use this world club challenge game as their trial... Maybe we'll look to play a one and only trial at full strength against another Sydney team... Maybe the Doggies and we can rough that cauliflower-eared merkin up a bit before the season proper starts....
There is a pre season tournament which are our trials.We play Penrith in one of the 2 games.
B07BC90B-D2B0-4ED3-9929-412C26766F29.png