What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Kilkenny

Coach
Inglis as well. Melbourne moved him from 6 (where he won the Dally M Five-eighth the year before) to centre and signed Brett Finch to play in the halves ffs. But he proved he was at least good enough to win a premiership at fullback. Mitchell at Souths is similar. You have to play a nonstandard gameplan to make it work, but it's doable. All Edwards does it kick returns and hit ups ffs, and he's won two premierships. It's a team game.
Mate are you serious. Do you actually watch the game?

Edwards work rate, is always in position to catch kicks on the full, his work in defence is second to none, his organising of our defence. In addition to his metres gained .

i think you really are being disingenuous of a very fine player, who is without question the best value for money fullback in the game.

hindy111

Post Whore

Edwards work rate, is always in position to catch kicks on the full, his work in defence is second to none, his organising of our defence. In addition to his metres gained .

i think you really are being disingenuous of a very fine player, who is without question the best value for money fullback in the game.

Step away. You are entering dangerous waters.
Plus also got a 3hr time differential that he will use to his favour.

I will give you one of my standard replies for when he get a to much

Just say -
f**k of merkin

Kilkenny

Coach
Be very very carefull. Getting in an argument with Pou on a Sunday night.
Be very very carefull
I only came on here in the first instance to see what your thoughts were around Mitchell Moses and whether you think he will sign with you guys.

Im not trying to get into any argument, but Pou‘s suggestion Gus bought a side in his time at the Panthers is 100% incorrect.

the phantom menace

First Grade
There’s a bit of a rumour doing the rounds that this week could see a player swap that would see Adam Doueihi head to the Eels and Mitch Moses come to the Tigers. Would you guys be up for that swap?
For 2024? If Moses can't help but chase the ridiculous money on offer - and if that squuezes Doueihi out of the Tigers and to us for better value coin - then I think that could work ok in terms of a combo... we'd need to make sure we had some kicking game options though.

hindy111

Post Whore
I only came on here in the first instance to see what your thoughts were around Mitchell Moses and whether you think he will sign with you guys.

Im not trying to get into any argument, but Pou‘s suggestion Gus bought a side in his time at the Panthers is 100% incorrect.

Moses wasn't born to win a title so he wont. Good player and he will stay at the eels. But he hasn't got that winning energy about himself while he is here we will at beat be the bridesmade

Kilkenny

Coach
I think your own Gutherson is a fine fullback always said as much. Admire his passion and commitment. I think you may pay him too much, probably should be on Dylan Edwards money but that’s your clubs decision.

Season 2023 will be interesting because as it stands the two sides who competed for the GF this past season have endured some pretty significant player losses. Time will tell I guess how both clubs adapt to the loss of key players.

Anyway didn’t mean to intrude, I hope you retain Moses he is a must keep.

Stevie

Bench
I think your own Gutherson is a fine fullback always said as much. Admire his passion and commitment. I think you may pay him too much, probably should be on Dylan Edwards money but that’s your clubs decision.

Season 2023 will be interesting because as it stands the two sides who competed for the GF this past season have endured some pretty significant player losses. Time will tell I guess how both clubs adapt to the loss of key players.

Mate don’t leave the chat. Your comments are genuine and many on here agree with you. You must though take into consideration that as Parra fans we are a sensitive bunch.
I paid $2,000 for my ticket to the GF and had myself certain we’d beat the odds and belt Penrith.
Well we all know how that went!
But quality banter is appreciated, difference of opinion encouraged!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He bought a team as much as we did post-2016.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There were no big money signings unless you include an aging Petero in the very early days.
Ooh I forgot about him. Add him to these premiership winners:
Kite
Manu
Soward
Merrin
Tamou
Maloney
Koroisau (with Souths)
Tetevano

Plus Idris, and bringing Wallace back to the club. Then all the highly rated youngsters with NRL experience:
Roberts
Segeyaro
Whare
Idris
Murdoch-Masila
Peachey
Hiku scored 17 tries for Manly and was the next big thing when Penrith signed him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He has the easiest job of any fullback in the game. He catches it on the full because teams are usually kicking from inside their 30, under huge pressure. On the rare occasion teams can get close enough to put up a bomb with chasers the merkin lets it bounce ffs
I'm not saying he's not a good player, but there's a reason he hasn't played Origin. Even Gutherson has ffs

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Maybe all true, but he did the same thing at Penrith (buying a team) while also building up the pathways. Meanwhile we had awesome junior teams in 2017 (SG Ball premiers and NYC grand finalists) then the next year our whole setup turned to shit. Our pathways haven't recovered from their 2017 high point. We haven't won Harold Matts since 2016 ffs. In the 46 years before that we won it 20 times.

100% I think in the past if anything we have relied to heavily on our juniors to try and get us to the glory land. We tried close to 30 years of it without a comp.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with buying a squad, I just find it extremely hypocritical that he specifically targeted Parra with those comments, even though he was heavily involved with the Roosters who have bought teams their entire existence (very successfully) and is now trying to do the exact same thing at Canterbury.

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade

I am guessing from the quotes here this is what you were talking about.

Link doesn’t work bro but he mentioned it multiple times on different platforms.

I’m pretty confident it was on 100% footy and also on his Podcast. It was after we got the spoon in 18, which if you think about it makes it even more of a dumb point considering with pretty much the same squad we came top 4 the year before and then 5th the year after and have done well since.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon Gus’s talent lies with backing the winner. It’s much easier being the guy driving the Pennys or Dogs bus when you are flush with cash than sticking with the Warriors or being too scared to take on the Dragons.

It’s there in black and white, he’s largely successful in what he does, so he deserves appropriate accolades. Having said that, he’s quick to blame others in his camp when success fails to manifest and just as quick to gloat about his contributions to success when it does. His treatment of Trent Barrett is a perfect example of this. Thrown under the bus.

The other side of Gus is the footy commentator / journalist who is an expert in hindsight and a top shelf bullshit artist. If I had a dollar everytime he spruiked a “I told you so” when he didn’t or “give me the NRL” or “let me take over the judiciary” “I can fix it and I’ll do it for free” … just shut up mate.

hindy111

Post Whore

I'd argue Edwards should be on GUTHERSON money. He would be if signed this year