What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There are always mistakes.
This season for example imagine Waqa lived up to his potential and N.Brown was firing like the 550k player we paid. We would be a 4- 8 point a game better side every week I reckon.
But we don't know how much either player is on, so we don't know if they are being overpaid. We can only look at the overall quality of the squad and see that any given player probably isn't overpaid. It all comes out in the wash.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe so but needless to say there would be outliers in every squad, every year. It’s just that paying a mid-tier contract to a bottom-tier player is negligible comparatively to getting a marquee signing wrong.
Exactly. There might be overpaid players in any given squad, just as there might be players on unders. But since we don't know who they are exactly there's no point speculating on who. It's fair to assume players at the strong clubs are less likely to be overpaid, while players at the Tigers are more likely. That doesn't mean we know which ones.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Centre is our Achilles heal at the moment. Penisini is great but we can't rely on Blake or Simonsson to get the job done on the other side. There are better fullback options available compared to centre options so maybe it is best for the team to sign an X factor fullback and have Guth at centre. Guth was good enough to play centre for NSW. He is an attacking threat and a damn good defender. He doesn't need blistering speed at centre and just needs to be a strong defender and have the ability to set up his winger.

welcome mate

Happy MEel

First Grade
Players like job security as much as anyone, and especially when there isn't huge demand for them. Any young player good enough for the top 30 could sign a long contract, because the club knows they won't decline during that period, and the player knows his professional career will last at least that long. If a dude is a depth signing in his early 20s he'll probably still be at least that good in four years time. He doesn't have to be worth top dollar. Ogden signed a three year contract ffs, probably on close to minimum salary. He was good enough to be a backup at 25 and he still will be at 28. Makatoa and Rodwell also signed for as long.
Waqa Blake says Hi.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Yes. Two powerful bench forwards coming on for 30 mins each game is what wins those arm wrestles.
Who would you chase then? Knowing that we have 2 big minute, big money props already in the squad. Plus Matterson who is a very effective first drop middle. And I don't want to debate about the quality of the bench rotation. Cause as I see it any prop who could win us a comp is going to be out of our price range for what we need them to do. I'd go after Sean Keppie fwiw. Good blend of youth, experience, slight merkinry and not a top tier salary.

TheRam

Coach
My mind boogles when smart blokes like you constantly assume you know everything that goes on behind what's reported in the media

Because 3rd string props do?

The mind boggles that a smart bloke like you doesn't think he knows the latest rumours circulating in RL. Don't kid yourself, you're better then that.

Latest posts