What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Rocket man

Juniors
Centre is our Achilles heal at the moment. Penisini is great but we can't rely on Blake or Simonsson to get the job done on the other side. There are better fullback options available compared to centre options so maybe it is best for the team to sign an X factor fullback and have Guth at centre. Guth was good enough to play centre for NSW. He is an attacking threat and a damn good defender. He doesn't need blistering speed at centre and just needs to be a strong defender and have the ability to set up his winger.
Capewell gave him a bath in SOO

Rocket man

Juniors
Who would you chase then? Knowing that we have 2 big minute, big money props already in the squad. Plus Matterson who is a very effective first drop middle. And I don't want to debate about the quality of the bench rotation. Cause as I see it any prop who could win us a comp is going to be out of our price range for what we need them to do. I'd go after Sean Keppie fwiw. Good blend of youth, experience, slight merkinry and not a top tier salary.
Extended with Manly lastvyear I think

Gazzamatta

Coach
Who would you chase then? Knowing that we have 2 big minute, big money props already in the squad. Plus Matterson who is a very effective first drop middle. And I don't want to debate about the quality of the bench rotation. Cause as I see it any prop who could win us a comp is going to be out of our price range for what we need them to do. I'd go after Sean Keppie fwiw. Good blend of youth, experience, slight merkinry and not a top tier salary.
Keppie's a keeper!

Incorrect

Coach
Agree Re Keppie. Above everything else, he seems to be a good defender who hits hard and sticks on first contact.... Dare I say he loves to chase the collision....

emjaycee

Coach
Looks like straight out opinion to me... the "I can't believe" kind of gives it away as such.
See Bartman, this is what I meant the other day when I said something about you always wanting to prove Pou wrong... there was no need for your comment to Pou's post so I am genuinely interested in why you do it.

I can't believe that Parramatta lost the 2022 NRL grand final to Penrith - opinion or fact?

Looks like straight out opinion to me... the "I can't believe" kind of gives it away as such.

No, it's a classic example of an old rhetorical trick, excluding the middle propsition in the argument (i.e. the one that states that the club is not, in fact, looking for a prop).

"I can't believe" is just one of Rammy's ways of ridiculing the club. It's the equivalent of "It's f**ked that..."

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Here’s you being dishonest again.

“Can’t believe” is a rhetorical device conveying disagreement with the thing the speaker can’t believe. If he didn’t believe it he would say that.

I can’t believe you didn’t already know this. 😉

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, it's a classic example of an old rhetorical trick, excluding the middle propsition in the argument (i.e. the one that states that the club is not, in fact, looking for a prop).

"I can't believe" is just one of Rammy's ways of ridiculing the club. It's the equivalent of "It's f**ked that..."
ffs