What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I am not a fan of Alvaro but BA could make a good forward out of him.He churns out the stats- Lots of meters and lots of tackles.Develop a short ball and put on 3 kgs of muscle we have a front rower.
Add that Vai guy and TWAL will also be a solid option next season. Will be interesting how Uelesai and Tangioa develop next year as well. Its make or break for both of them.
Any word on how Uelsai has gone this year guys?

Front Row options -
Mannah-Alvaro-Wicks-Terpo-Obrien-Vai-Twal

As far as a wrecking ball goes it helps but not needed.Fit forwards who are mobile and do not leave holes or miss tackles can create a decent pack. They just need quick play the balls and an offload. A lot of gaps are created by big slow forwards in the middle.

I reckon we need two things next year - A solid half to partner Norman and one more front rower. If we end up with Hayne back then id look at Robson for a year.
What will win this team the comp in 2017 is not big forwards its hunger. Every player we have has that fire in belly. KE- Manu-Gutherson-Scott-Taka etc... The list goes on but not to many show ponies just honest tough nuts.

I look at Penrith side.All flashy and way more skillfull players but there a bunch of soft pussies. When things get tough they crumble.That goes down to character.Your born with that and its why teams like the dogs and storm do so well.Its the type of players they recruit..

Gronk

Staff member
I am not a fan of Alvaro but BA could make a good forward out of him.He churns out the stats- Lots of meters and lots of tackles.Develop a short ball and put on 3 kgs of muscle we have a front rower.
Add that Vai guy and TWAL will also be a solid option next season. Will be interesting how Uelesai and Tangioa develop next year as well. Its make or break for both of them.

Front Row options -

As far as a wrecking ball goes it helps but not needed.Fit forwards who are mobile and do not leave holes or miss tackles can create a decent pack. They just need quick play the balls and an offload. A lot of gaps are created by big slow forwards in the middle.

I reckon we need two things next year - A solid half to partner Norman and one more front rower. If we end up with Hayne back then id look at Robson for a year.
What will win this team the comp in 2017 is not big forwards its hunger. Every player we have has that fire in belly. KE- Manu-Gutherson-Scott-Taka etc... The list goes on but not to many show ponies just honest tough nuts.

I look at Penrith side.All flashy and way more skillfull players but there a bunch of soft pussies. When things get tough they crumble.That goes down to character.Your born with that and its why teams like the dogs and storm do so well.Its the type of players they recruit..

Are you on crack ? #boo

hindy111

Post Whore
Hooker would be good- We just signed de gois thou right? And we have Kaysa.That would be two very solid back ups. We would need someone who is pretty good to make our team better. So would maybe need another 350k to spend.It is up to BA if he think he will get much more out of that player then what he has currently.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Front Row options -

Have you seen Twal play?

He's no different than Alvaro.

Alvaro, btw, is developing beautifully.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I only said that, Imo, we need a big bopper in the middle because big packs like the Chooks and Sharks destroy us up the guts.

We need a big, aggro prop to help stem the tide. Imo.

hybrideel

Bench
The roosters had 2 more completed sets than us yet made over 400 more running metres and that includes the 90m effort from French. Our defence and will to win got us through this match, not the running game of our forward pack

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Alvaro is going great, he will get better with experience.

Type of player you want in a side to build a good culture. Hard worker and won't finish his career wondering what could have been like some other players .

Didn't he show he had some ball skills in NSW cup?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The roosters had 2 more completed sets than us yet made over 400 more running metres and that includes the 90m effort from French. Our defence and will to win got us through this match, not the running game of our forward pack

Having back rowers in the centres and no hooker contributed a fair bit to those metres as well.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yet we defeated the Roosters with a bunch of injuries and went close against the sharks.

Our pack is very under rated.
Imo, we go closer to beating the Sharks (maybe even beat them) with someone to give them a dose of their own medicine.

I like our pack, but it doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Having said that, Vave us a good start.

EelsFan05

Bench
Hooker would be good- We just signed de gois thou right? And we have Kaysa.That would be two very solid back ups. We would need someone who is pretty good to make our team better. So would maybe need another 350k to spend.It is up to BA if he think he will get much more out of that player then what he has currently.

Peats...

ash411

Bench
This is gonna sound like I'm on drugs, but hear me out.

I like the idea of hanging on to Robbo for Hooker.

Think about it, he did a pretty good job there when he was filling in for IDG, he's another kicking option with halves experience.

The only downside is we'd have two old guys at 9 and 14.. I think maybe IDG/Kayser is the way to go forward.

Avenger

Immortal
Why don't we just get Peats back? He has bought a house in the area. He is playing on the bench at the Titans and the cap won't be an issue next year.

Latest posts