What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
Not sure on Des if he comes in and doesn't have instant success everyone will be on him especially the media then he will be gone and then we restart
Maybe...maybe not

I just think BA has gone stale. If he had won a premiership at some point in his 10 year tenure, you'd cut him some slack as a player and also us as fans... But the fact is, he got us to a GF and we got belted and the next season were are are staring up the ladder with plenty of teams ahead of us.

I posted last week, we've basically tried everything there is to try when it comes to selecting a coach - ex-eels, premiership winners, highly fancied rookies - I think we're back to just looking at the best credentialed coach with a proven track record available and that is Des IMO

JokerEel

Coach
Maybe...maybe not

I just think BA has gone stale. If he had won a premiership at some point in his 10 year tenure, you'd cut him some slack as a player and also us as fans... But the fact is, he got us to a GF and we got belted and the next season were are are staring up the ladder with plenty of teams ahead of us.

I posted last week, we've basically tried everything there is to try when it comes to selecting a coach - ex-eels, premiership winners, highly fancied rookies - I think we're back to just looking at the best credentialed coach with a proven track record available and that is Des IMO

On Des he is 62 - 63 if you sign him Their must be a short and long term plan you can't expect him to coach for more than 5 years.

lingard

Coach
He isn't Bennett good, but he is good. At the moment the balance of the squad is all out.

I love watching it. It gives me great joy and satisfaction. I had a slight chubby throughout the match. It could have been a ragging mongrel, but they were playing the Panthers who I also can't cop.

But there was a happy ending of sorts.
Oversharing.

Incorrect

Coach
2 different coaches I wouldn't want des for 10 seasons and not sure Wayne has been at a club that long since Broncos
Yeah I hear ya. I'm not advocating Des as a 10 year coach either.

Hell, if he won a premiership in his first year, I'd be happy if he f**ked off and was a 1 year coach for us!!

84 Baby

Referee
Someone needs to steal Martina’s spunk.

200w.gif

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we just made the grand final and season isn't over. BA should not be judged till years finished. By mid 2024 his future should be decided. No idea how he was given an option for 2025 back wr he last extended.
You can't really sack him the year after we made a grand final half way thru. If we fail this year and running poorly in 2024 you arse him mid season and build for 2025 with a interim coach for the rest of 24.

Issue now is he can fail the next two seasons and if going well mid 2025 what do we do? Extend again?