What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
I had a staff member who once asked for a pay rise. I said that she needs to work harder, get to work on time etc if she wants more money. She said that she'll work harder if I pay her more. o_O

Why can't Cini just f**king sort out his hit n stick and then his form will put pressure on Simonsson ? Seriously, if you can't get ahead of Simonsson, then do you really have a future ? Dunster doesn't play centre and Waqa is injured. Perfect opportunity and now outside top 30 players can be selected. He should be playing out of his skin right now.
Blah, blah blah. Needs a chance.

Gazzamatta

Coach
As Ive said elsewhere in this thread, he was our best forward by a long stretch last year in a badly bashed pack. He still only averaged 95m a game so you have done some nice cherry picking there though. you also didnt mention that he played all 24 games last year and only played prop 6 times and that was because Twal was out. Even when Twal was out Joffa played lock 4 times and Fonua Pole and the great Zane Musgrave was picked there ahead of him. He simply isnt a prop. Can do a job there but he isnt a prop.

This year, when we have a proper pack, he hasnt been considered as a prop....because he is not a prop.
At Parramatta everyone is a prop.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Unless we can piss off Davey and he takes Davey kind of money, we shouldn't be wasting valuable cap space and money on these types of players. If he comes in we need to cut at least 2 other crap signings to say we have improved our roster player and cap wise.

Does anyone think that that is going to happen?
Blake, Rein and Cartwright are all off contract. You would estimate they are on a combined $1.5M so we should be sweet for next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As Ive said elsewhere in this thread, he was our best forward by a long stretch last year in a badly bashed pack. He still only averaged 95m a game so you have done some nice cherry picking there though. you also didnt mention that he played all 24 games last year and only played prop 6 times and that was because Twal was out. Even when Twal was out Joffa played lock 4 times and Fonua Pole and the great Zane Musgrave was picked there ahead of him. He simply isnt a prop. Can do a job there but he isnt a prop.

This year, when we have a proper pack, he hasnt been considered as a prop....because he is not a prop.
It literally says Prop on his official player profile: https://www.weststigers.com.au/teams/nrl-premiership/wests-tigers/joe-ofahengaue/

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m sure we got him for unders, we never pay overs when you have wheelers and dealers like MON and Bea Arthur making the decisions. We probably got him for free ffs
They built a team that won two thirds of its games since 2019 ffs. They must be doing something right.

Chipmunk

Coach
Offahengau is a decent signing. Solves an interchange bench middle problem, although he may start until RCGs return.

Greig is a definite worthy No. 17 for 20 minutes per game.

Cartwright has shown he's capable to play either starting on an edge or providing value off the bench in the middle or an edge.

Matterson or Hopgood are the 13 or first middle interchange each.

Hands I think gets the 14 whilst we don't have an 80 minute 9.

So, now just a Right Wing, Left Centre, 9 and maybe Right Edge still needed, although we have some players who can fill in on that edge too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Since Potato Head admits to making a lot of mistakes when he started his NRL coaching and you are the ultimate defender of all things that the coach does, it begs the question, how many times where YOU defending him when he was coc*king up royally back then and willing to throw endless stats and contorted mental gymnastics at us defending them?

Also just because HE thinks that he has sorted his mistakes out doesn't mean he has, so again one would logically say that you are defending at times the indefensible. I wonder if he will admit in some way later down the line or leading into next season that they got the 2023 recruitment wrong and needed to bolster it for 2023 and beyond.
ffs have you ever had a job? Pretending stuff is your fault when it isn’t is the key to showing how responsible and accountable you are. I once took ownership of someone else’s f**k up and a month later got a promotion and a big raise. Arthur knows what he’s doing.
But let’s just keep filling up those vacant spots with the right types of players that he is suggesting here. He knows what he is doing. After all he is the head coach and we are just the dumb arse fans.
Well that’s certainly true. You could f**king learn something if you got some humility and listened to these people.

yy_cheng

Coach
Offahengau is a decent signing. Solves an interchange bench middle problem, although he may start until RCGs return.

Greig is a definite worthy No. 17 for 20 minutes per game.

Cartwright has shown he's capable to play either starting on an edge or providing value off the bench in the middle or an edge.

Matterson or Hopgood are the 13 or first middle interchange each.

Hands I think gets the 14 whilst we don't have an 80 minute 9.

So, now just a Right Wing, Left Centre, 9 and maybe Right Edge still needed, although we have some players who can fill in on that edge too.
When reg is fit, i would start he and emu and tell him to just rip in.

Jnr comes on after 15 mins or 20 mins to replace emu when he puffa out and offie at 35 min mark

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Problem is both received 2 year deals.
If a bloke is good enough to be in the top 30 at the age of 24 or 25 you’d think he will still be good enough a year later. Sometimes to avoid paying too much on a one year deal you need to give merkins a second year. Otherwise they will hold out for the best one year deal they can get.