What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
Apparently we can't afford To'o but Penrith can with all their stars..
They are and have lost plenty over the past 2 years. They've obviously prioritised players/positions more effectively than say Parramatta.... We'd have way more money tied up in our pack than they have I reckon and yet we're getting, at best, maybe similar output....at worst, noticeably less....

JokerEel

Coach
They are and have lost plenty over the past 2 years. They've obviously prioritised players/positions more effectively than say Parramatta.... We'd have way more money tied up in our pack than they have I reckon and yet we're getting, at best, maybe similar output....at worst, noticeably less....

True!
We probably should have let Paulo go or offered alot less for him to stay.
Penrith have just resigned the Fish and Edwards let's see.if they keep Luai after losing Chrighton.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We've sacrificed obtaining outside backs mid season, where we're exceptionally weak, in preference to purchasing mid season signings in positions where we already had plenty of players available, in the forwards.

These were poor recruitment prioritisation decisions.
I think they were good decisions. Our outside backs weren't the reason for our shit defence. Our forwards were. Ofahengaue and Davey have improved us in that area, though you wouldn't f**king think so after last week. At full strength I reckon our defence will be good. Maybe even premiership quality. I like having Matterson defending on the edge. The downside is that his footwork is so effective through the middle.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
FMD you merkins have short attention spans...
e6350e78bdb2e4ffe41c972b0307ad0f
I was comparing the supermarket (loaves of bread) to the player market, where demand outstrips supply.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think they were good decisions. Our outside backs weren't the reason for our shit defence. Our forwards were. Ofahengaue and Davey have improved us in that area, though you wouldn't f**king think so after last week. At full strength I reckon our defence will be good. Maybe even premiership quality. I like having Matterson defending on the edge. The downside is that his footwork is so effective through the middle.
In reality though you'd think it was a good decision if they now bought Chris Sandow to play front row.

Tiger5150

Bench
I was comparing the supermarket (loaves of bread) to the player market, where demand outstrips supply.
You literally said no bidding war over the Last loaf of bread. Last loaf would imply a shortage of supply.....no? They are not bidding on shelves stocked with bread, literally the last loaf......adn you merkins did engage in a bidding war for the last loaf for months.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He has major input you f**king idiot.
I'm sure he does. But that doesn't mean he gets every player he wants, at the price he thinks they're worth. It's not like fantasy footy any more than it's like shopping in Belgrade under the Communists.
You reckon Sarantonis is telling him to buy Charlie Staines and that it may be forced upon him even if he doesn't rate him?
When did I ever say that? I think he is far more likely to have veto power than carte blanche to sign whomever he wants.
f**k you are getting on my nerves lately.
Veto power, not Tito power

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pretty sure the guys on the recruitment committee do the recruiting. And BA is one of those guys.
Yep, just one of them. And he would give his opinion to inform committee decisions and even meet with prospective recruits to see if they fit. I reckon he would probably be able to veto any given signing. But he wouldn't have the final say on whether a player could be signed. There would be a process where a majority of the committee (or even all of them) would need to agree on a price for any given player, no matter how much Arthur wanted them at the club. And he would never deal with managers and do the negotiations.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm pretty sure BA suggests who they should sign too and has final say
A final say of no is very different to a final say of yes. Like any asset, the maximum value you can derive is determined by how much you agree to pay. No team ever got into cap trouble by refusing to sign a player.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In reality though you'd think it was a good decision if they now bought Chris Sandow to play front row.
No I think the retention of Paulo was a bad decision. I've made that clear. He obviously provides benefits or else he wouldn't have played so much Origin or appeared in two grand finals. But I think our attack is good enough without him that we shouldn't need to carry him in defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You literally said no bidding war over the Last loaf of bread. Last loaf would imply a shortage of supply.....no? They are not bidding on shelves stocked with bread, literally the last loaf......adn you merkins did engage in a bidding war for the last loaf for months.
I was talking about the supermarket ffs. Where you don't have to pay overs for the one load of bread every merkin wants. Learn to read ffs you dumb dunce

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's a great analogy. If you need bread and milk at the supermarket you just go and grab it, and pay what it's worth. No salary caps, no bidding wars. The groceries aren't weighing up your offer based on the salary and their preferred location and their career goals. They're not weighing up other offers from competing shoppers who can offer them investment opportunities and jobs for family members. Merkins seem to think player recruitment is devoid of all this bullshit. tHeRe WaS aN oUtSiDe BaCk aVaIlAbLe in ApRiL fFs!!! wE sHoUlD'vE jUsT bOuGhT hIm!!!!