What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's like saying an administrator from lets say Coke or Pepsi publically came out and said in their opinion you shouldn't drink their sodas every day because it would be very toxic to your overall health.

When he or she knows that hundreds of millions of people drinking their soda every day is what has made them the juggernauts they are today. That administrator would find themselves at the dole office fairly quickly one would think.
Twizzle would hate to lose his LU salary and company car

oldmancraigy

Coach
Good move by the committee. If only they blocked the Davey signing. That was one for the ages.

To be fair, Davey is perhaps our 2nd worst mid year signing this year. I think possibly the next one is worse (because it was a panic deal and we paid too much).

Maybe after those the committee were more suspicious of the names put forward and the length of deal asked for?

Stevie

Bench
My biggest concern would be his ACL history (2 already I believe) but hey so did Gutho.

Hopefully he is one of MANY big starting outside backs we are talking to.

We need 2 starting backline players at least.

T.S Quint

Coach
Beat it, Nerd.

sticking-tongue-out.gif

Avenger

Immortal
I think Billy Smith can play and would be an interesting signing but when are we ever going to make a proper marquee signing? I reckon we haven’t had one since Michael Jennings even though Is was never a fan but I concede he was probably at the time marquee level.

Gronk

Staff member
in the last month Billy Smith has probably been the best centre in the comp. No doubt it’s taken him a while to get over his injuries, but if he’s past them he’d be an asset and walk straight into our left centre position.
He's only 23 and 99kgs and 191cm (6'2"), per NRL site

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not to let you live vicariously through our lives but Sixties was attending a funeral that day. Pressure had nothing to do with anything.
I have to attend a funeral on Friday also so I do understand responsibilities. Please cheer the boys on for me. As Eels supporters we all have some sort of Eels stress mate. Our next win will provide some comfort. Hopefully Friday.

Eelogical

Referee
I think Billy Smith can play and would be an interesting signing but when are we ever going to make a proper marquee signing? I reckon we haven’t had one since Michael Jennings even though Is was never a fan but I concede he was probably at the time marquee level.
We like a team of sausages with a few prawns thrown in.

Tiger5150

Bench
Going tomorrow buddy. Then off to Palm Springs on Friday before Beverley Hills. Driving up to Santa Barbara before staying at La Jolla.

Look what I just found at the local shopping centre only for the prick to be closed.

View attachment 78122
Rolex is the Ferrari of watches...............i.e. pretentious showy appendage for people with money, insecurities but no inherent class. Breitling is the true quality watch for those with integrity.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I wouldn't be impressed with his signing.
I mean, he was a great halfback in his day, but he's got to be at least 80 now.
Saw him play fullback at Cumberland years ago. Gaznier withdrew which wasnt unusual, Langlands went to center and Smith went to fullback. Absolutely killed us. What a player.

Latest posts