What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
Actually your club is the one I would target the most. Weak as piss and only going to get weaker now that you have no quality half and a rookie coach that hasn't got the temperament to handle failure and the criticism that will come in bucket loads when loses start to mount.

There are many quality players in your squad that I would love Parra to start laying the ground work in attracting to our club. Failure is a powerful motivator to move and join a neighbour who can offer a NRL start and way more wins and success.

This year for us was hopefully an anomaly and we should see the semi finals again next year if we have a better run with injuries and suspensions. Your club though is only going to be similar or even weaker since you haven't solved your halves problem.

So like I said, I would be making a bee line to the Tigers players managers and see which ones are open to a jump over the fence. I would be starting with a centre or winger and it isn't Nofo I'm looking at. Wins make for a happy player. Losses though make for a turncoat in waiting. Hopefully for Parra fans, watch this space.

Knock yourself out....you can take your pick of our centres/wingers with the exception of Tupou.

King-Gutho94

Coach
would you say our team is fit?
Start of the year we were finishing games stronger.

Not sure what has happened back end of the year.

Looks like it just got too hard for everybody. Not having a fully fit & available spine hasn't helped.

I also think we haven't been building enough pressure with the ball which leads to fatigue.

Post origin series whenever attacking the try-line we have 95% of the time ran it on the last instead of looking for repeat sets by rolling it into the in-goal.

I would love to know how many drop-outs we have forced since origin 3 because it hasnt been many.

TheRam

Coach
I don't know if anyone has see this. Does anyone know how goof Richard Penisini is? Is he similar quality to Will, also is he faster, same or slower?

FAMILY TIES COULD SEE EELS RETAIN EMERGING STAR

Parramatta centre Will Penisini has revealed his brother’s emergence as an NRL star could prove crucial in the race for his signature.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph, who are reporting Eels powerbrokers are facing a looming battle with the young centre on Eddie Jones’ Wallabies radar.

The 21-year-old is contracted until the end of 2025, with Rugby Australia’s scheduled fixtures against the British and Irish Lions happening that same year ahead of a 2027 World Cup.

Penisini’s close friend Joseph Suaalii has already confirmed he will make a cross-code switch, penning a three-year deal worth north of $5 million.

However, Penisini’s brother Richard’s emergence has reportedly seen him earmarked as one of the Eels’ long-term retention targets.

Richard Penisini was a key figure in Parramatta’s premiership-winning SG Ball team this season and, similar to his brother, is a damaging outside back.

He is set to make his NSW Cup debut on Friday, with Will confirming he hopes to one day play first grade alongside his brother.

“Yeah, 100 per cent. It’s a dream for him to be able to debut for the club and a dream for us as brothers to be able to play together for the Eels,” Penisini said to News Corp.

“It’ll be a huge moment for my family if it does happen.

I know he’s got a long way to go but I think getting an NRL pre-season under his belt going into next year will help get him close to that dream.”

Penisini also played down talk of a potential rugby union switch to join his close friend Suaalii in Wallabies colours.

“That is still far away, there are still two more years (before my contract ends). I’m totally focused on what is going on this year,” he said.

“We have a huge challenge ahead of us as a team so to be honest I’m not thinking about that at the moment.”

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So he is a dangerous attacking, reserve grade player?
Well that's where clubs play their backups. Should a backup player be topping statistical categories in first grade?
but will be in your top 30.
Reserve grade is full of top 30 players and most of them don't break tackles as well as Cini does. Honestly, what is your point? He is a better attacker than most merkins in reserve grade, including all those top 30 players who play reserve grade most weeks. Are you saying he's not good enough for minimum salary? If he's not good enough who is?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don't know if anyone has see this. Does anyone know how goof Richard Penisini is? Is he similar quality to Will, also is he faster, same or slower?

Parramatta centre Will Penisini has revealed his brother’s emergence as an NRL star could prove crucial in the race for his signature.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph, who are reporting Eels powerbrokers are facing a looming battle with the young centre on Eddie Jones’ Wallabies radar.

The 21-year-old is contracted until the end of 2025, with Rugby Australia’s scheduled fixtures against the British and Irish Lions happening that same year ahead of a 2027 World Cup.

Penisini’s close friend Joseph Suaalii has already confirmed he will make a cross-code switch, penning a three-year deal worth north of $5 million.

However, Penisini’s brother Richard’s emergence has reportedly seen him earmarked as one of the Eels’ long-term retention targets.

Richard Penisini was a key figure in Parramatta’s premiership-winning SG Ball team this season and, similar to his brother, is a damaging outside back.

He is set to make his NSW Cup debut on Friday, with Will confirming he hopes to one day play first grade alongside his brother.

“Yeah, 100 per cent. It’s a dream for him to be able to debut for the club and a dream for us as brothers to be able to play together for the Eels,” Penisini said to News Corp.

I know he’s got a long way to go but I think getting an NRL pre-season under his belt going into next year will help get him close to that dream.”

Penisini also played down talk of a potential rugby union switch to join his close friend Suaalii in Wallabies colours.

“That is still far away, there are still two more years (before my contract ends). I’m totally focused on what is going on this year,” he said.

“We have a huge challenge ahead of us as a team so to be honest I’m not thinking about that at the moment.”
Well like his brother Will.

Richard he is a Rhino so destined to play FG i would thought.

Its the best nursey in the game atm is the Rouse Hill Rhinos.

84 Baby

Referee
Looks like it just got too hard for everybody.
This. Sure it’s been a shit season with random bad shit, but you just got the sense a couple of months back that the club/players/fans/commentators acted like “oh well it can’t possibly happen again next season, so let’s just wait until then.”
If that is the attitude, BA and the players better f**ken turn up with the f**ken primo best in business attitude all off-season and through to next f**ken October, cause it’s not like we’re going to make significant squad changes.

TheRam

Coach
Knock yourself out....you can take your pick of our centres/wingers with the exception of Tupou.

Well actually Topou would be my main target and probably Starford To'a as my other target too. I know both have had defensive issues playing in Tigers colours, but like I have said before, Especially with outside backs you can't make a real call on them regarding defense due to the insane amount of terrible decision making all over the place and especially in the middle that ends up putting so much pressure on the outside men who then have to make split second decisions on risky defensive plays.

But these two look the goods, especially with the ball in hand and I believe in a better squad that works a lot harder overall in defense they would improve in kind. Not that Parra are a great defensive team at present, but we aren't the Tigers and would offer both of them way more advantageous opportunities with and without the ball.

But don't worry to much mate our recruitment team is pretty ordinary and have filled our roster with a munch of lemons so I don't think they will even be looking to hard to add to our roster anyway. You're lucky that I or Hindy aren't the Parra recruitment team otherwise you would not only be losing those two but you probably wouldn't of got Klemmer since he came so cheap and we would be serenading Jahream Bula as we speak to eventually be an Eel in a couple of years. Remember you can talk to them at anytime, you just can't present them with a contract till Nov 1st one year out from the final year of their contract.

Gronk

Staff member

Richie P played NSW Cup in the weekend until poor form forced him into the headbin after just a few mins play.

King-Gutho94

Coach
This. Sure it’s been a shit season with random bad shit, but you just got the sense a couple of months back that the club/players/fans/commentators acted like “oh well it can’t possibly happen again next season, so let’s just wait until then.”
If that is the attitude, BA and the players better f**ken turn up with the f**ken primo best in business attitude all off-season and through to next f**ken October, cause it’s not like we’re going to make significant squad changes.
Yeah its hard not to think that tbh it probably crossed there mind.

A lot of stuff went wrong this year that shouldn't have. You would be hard-pressed to see us getting as much bad luck next year. But in saying that a lot of it was self inflicted as well. Dylan Brown & Matto missing games over stupidity. No other club in the comp tossed away 10 games suspension like those 2 did.

RCG getting 4 weeks at the time he did was the hammer blow i reckon. With Junior out of form the last thing we needed RCG missing that crucial stretch especially after missing 7-8 weeks already with an injury.

I think not making finals instead of falling into 8th spot and being cannon fodder week 1 is probably more beneficial as we werent winning the comp this year.

It might sharpen up a few attitudes and actually get the powers to be to properly look at whats going on.

We can only live in hope.

Avenger

Immortal
You're the one who said we were paying 'full freight' this year:

Personally I think we don't know and we couldn't know because the journos don't know. Stop misrepresenting my position when I pull you up for your shit opinions. I don't know how much we or other clubs are paying for any of our players, and neither do you.
You said and kept saying that Penrith were not chipping in ever and that he was nowhere near the reported money he was on. I said that Penrith were subsidising his contract and you kept saying why would they he hasn’t played there for 4 or so years.

I was a lot more right than you ever were you argumentative cock puller. Let me give you a tip you f**king dickhead. Don’t question every f**king thing that people post here. Try and come up with your own shit and not play devils advocate for every f**king comment on the thread. It’s f**king tiring and brings nothing to the forum. Absolutely sweet f**k all.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You said and kept saying that Penrith were not chipping in ever and that he was nowhere near the reported money he was in. I said that Penrith were subsidising his contract and you kept saying why would they he hasn’t played there for 4 or so years.
Mate I showed you what you f**ken said. Now show me what you think I said. Back it up.
I was a lot more right than you ever were you argumentative cock puller. Let me give you a tip you f**king dickhead. Don’t question every f**king thing that people post here. Try and come up with your own shit and not play devils advocate for every f**king comment on the thread. It’s f**king tiring and brings nothing to the forum. Absolutely sweet f**k all.
Don't spit the dummy now you've been caught out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Here's what I could find on my comments about whether Penrith are paying 'freight':

Whatever Penrith pays them has nothing to do with us. It is their negotiated payout and it's between those players and their former club. Our contract with each player is a separate thing.

I never denied Penrith paid those players out (in fact I thought it was likely). I just maintained we don't (and couldn't) know. But I did dispute that the payout affected our contract with the player. It just doesn't work like that. The player negotiates a payout with the former club (often spread over multiple years since it's included in the former club's cap) and then he negotiates a new contract with the gaining club. Reporting it as one club 'paying freight' is a rugby league journalism trick intended to stir up the fans. LoL yOu'Re PaYiNg HiM tO PlAy fOr Us!!!!

Latest posts