What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I also suggested that the Tigers were putting in for Joffa. But it must be fake news.

#argumentativemerkin
I never denied they were, but unlike you I never pretended to know. Stop projecting your argumentative bullshit onto me.

I believe they did pay Ofahengaue out, and most likely over multiple years. This matches my view that the club are keen to hunt bargains in order to try and compete with the big TPA clubs. But just because I believe it doesn't mean it's true. It's certainly not true just because you say it is.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
you have a stat for everything Pou. Do you have the great and powerful Zac Cini's stats for missed tackles? Is there a stat for not getting to a tackle?
First you need to acknowledge you were wrong to deny that Cini was a dangerous attacking player. As for his defence I made no claims. There's a reason he isn't in the top 510 paid players in the NRL, and it isn't his attack.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So many merkins argued this was not true. So many had the inside word. Shall we believe merkins or telecrap ?

Confused High Quality GIF
Some merkins insisted his Panthers payout ended last year, and that it somehow meant we were paying more this year. The fact is it's all media speculation and bullshit. Some people know how much he is on (e.g. the player, his manager, his accountant) but none of them post here.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we paid full freight or the Panfers paid some would it have changed our position on the ladder?
Exactly. It's just media bullshit to stir the fans up. Here's another grievance for you footy fans! lol Penrith are paying a bunch of merkins at other clubs! As if they give a shit. Keno have it covered.

TheRam

Coach
It’s there culture, just the way there system operates.

My best mate, owns a bar in Nashville he pays his waitstaff $2.75 an hour but there earnings are in the vicinity of $25-00 to $30-00 per hour after tips.

The last time we were in NY the wife and I had a meal in a pricey steakhouse before going to the Jersey Boys on Broadway. There was an automatic 20% tip added to our bill and the waitress that night was a total bitch, I regret paying it too this day because she didn’t earn it.

Had a meal tonight at Matilda Bay Restaurant to celebrate my wife’s 60th, bill for four was $470 I tipped in an extra $50 because the service was outstanding.

It actually started after the civil war. It was a way the wealthy and elites could flaunt their wealth. Initially it was considered abhorrent and un-American and was derived in the press big time, but somehow as usual the wealthy elites got their way and somehow helped their own bottom line in regards to the wages they had to pay out in the service industry.

Funny how things always seem to work in the favour of the rich and powerful to the determent of the rest of us.

Tiger5150

Bench
First you need to acknowledge you were wrong to deny that Cini was a dangerous attacking player. As for his defence I made no claims. There's a reason he isn't in the top 510 paid players in the NRL, and it isn't his attack.
Zac Cini isnt a dangerous attacking player and he is a poor defender. There is a reason that at 23 he hasnt added to the 4 NRL games he played for a weak club with injuries two years ago, even at a time that you guys have struggled with depth in outside backs. He isnt a good player.

JokerEel

Coach
Zac Cini isnt a dangerous attacking player and he is a poor defender. There is a reason that at 23 he hasnt added to the 4 NRL games he played for a weak club with injuries two years ago, even at a time that you guys have struggled with depth in outside backs. He isnt a good player.

Pou loves polishing a turd

hindy111

Post Whore
So many merkins argued this was not true. So many had the inside word. Shall we believe merkins or telecrap ?

Confused High Quality GIF

I don't beleive it. Reason is I met one of three guys on the board. He was intoxicated and furious with Gould and spilled his lollies. RCG he mentioned they where chipping in 250k for length of contract But Waqas was for 3yrs.
I'd take that information on more then telecrap.

TheRam

Coach
I genuinely think that you guys should sign David (Ferrari Driving ) Nofoaluma and to accomodate this we would release Nofo to sign up Oates. You know you wanna............

Actually your club is the one I would target the most. Weak as piss and only going to get weaker now that you have no quality half and a rookie coach that hasn't got the temperament to handle failure and the criticism that will come in bucket loads when loses start to mount.

There are many quality players in your squad that I would love Parra to start laying the ground work in attracting to our club. Failure is a powerful motivator to move and join a neighbour who can offer a NRL start and way more wins and success.

This year for us was hopefully an anomaly and we should see the semi finals again next year if we have a better run with injuries and suspensions. Your club though is only going to be similar or even weaker since you haven't solved your halves problem.

So like I said, I would be making a bee line to the Tigers players managers and see which ones are open to a jump over the fence. I would be starting with a centre or winger and it isn't Nofo I'm looking at. Wins make for a happy player. Losses though make for a turncoat in waiting. Hopefully for Parra fans, watch this space.

TheRam

Coach
Pinching intellectual property I can go with that.

wife and I get back home Wednesday for our home game against you guys.

kind of think it is a no contest but on the other side maybe your boys could lift for @ one off battle of the west so to speak.

Shame the way this season has gone for your team, I must say I have been delighted to see how well J’Maine Hopgood has performed. I was so pissed off when you guys picked him up for pittance anyone who watched him come thru our system could see what a talent he was. Our loss your gain.

Thursday night, Battle of the West, I think we will get the job done but I expect you guys will turn up for pride if nothing else.

You obviously don't know the Eels to well.

TheRam

Coach
Where is that tigers merkin who swears the tigers are not paying a cent of Joffa’s deal?

Joe Ofahengaue (Eels) being paid $150,000 by Tigers until end of 2025

Panthers still chipping in $200k of Waqa’s too. He’s ripping off 2 clubs at once

Oh thank God if this is true. What a lemon of a purchase he has been.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't beleive it. Reason is I met one of three guys on the board. He was intoxicated and furious with Gould and spilled his lollies. RCG he mentioned they where chipping in 250k for length of contract But Waqas was for 3yrs.
I'd take that information on more then telecrap.
Are you sure he didn't just say that he was bored ? ;)