What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Im sure you are right. In fact I think that position 18 to 30 in Parras roster should be Zac Cini standard players
Well now you're showing your ignorance with the assumption that player 18 should only be as good as player 30. In fact player 18 in any given squad will play at least a dozen games during the year, while player 30 might not play at all. Do you think they should be paid the same amount?

I think he was taking the piss...

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

84 Baby

Referee
Proactivity starts in November, 16 months before the start of the season. That means a preternatural level of forecasting is required to both create the space in the cap and roster, as well as to anticipate which players will still be available on November first.

So to get the best players for 2023 we needed to sign them in November 2021. Given all the existing players we had off contract at the time, and the full roster of top 17 outside backs already on the books for 2023, it's disingenuous to suggest that anyone has dropped the ball with our recruitment/retention of wingers and centres this year. Last year they weren't a problem, and Russell was moving into the top 17 to replace Opacic. Further, I don't think our outside backs were the problem this year. Our middle defence was the problem. Defensive issues on the edges stemmed from that.

Like a snowball.
*flake.

I agree that we’ve got multiple defensive issues, but other than that I don’t recall mentioning outside backs.

JokerEel

Coach

Trouble brewing at Souffs who would have thought.

Article reckons the issues started after we beat them in round 12 and Demetriou gave them a dressing down after the game.

Hence Latrell to leave South's sign with the Raiders and Wighton to backflip and stay with Ricky.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Start of the year we were finishing games stronger.

Not sure what has happened back end of the year.

Looks like it just got too hard for everybody. Not having a fully fit & available spine hasn't helped.

I also think we haven't been building enough pressure with the ball which leads to fatigue.

Post origin series whenever attacking the try-line we have 95% of the time ran it on the last instead of looking for repeat sets by rolling it into the in-goal.

I would love to know how many drop-outs we have forced since origin 3 because it hasnt been many.

Games vs - Forced Drop-outs - Grubbers ( so includes all kicks into the ingoal )

Titans - 0 - 3
Cowboys - 0 - 5
Storm - 1 - 4
Dragons - 0 - 3
Broncos - 1- 4
Roosters - 0 -1

Our first six rounds by comparison.

Storm - 1 - 6
Sharks - 1- 3
Manly - 0 - 3
Panthers - 2 -4
Roosters -1 -5
Tigers - 0 - 4

So last six games, 2 from 20, and first six games, 3 from 25

Not really a notable difference, and of course you'd have to go back and check how many of those "attempts" resulted in tries in order to ascertain effectiveness. But as I've said before there's a lot less forced drop outs this year than there is last couple of years, it's either deliberate, or we've become shit at them.

Incorrect

Coach
It doesnt suprise me one bit that rumour and scuttlebutt about those two.

I can picture it those two walking around like they own the club and over-time it has worn out the rest of the playing group.

Something is off with Souths they look as putrid as us atm with a better side.
Agreed. I doubt there's a league fan anywhere that is shocked to hear Mitchell and Walker carry themselves with an arrogance and entitlement even around their own teammates

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It doesnt suprise me one bit that rumour and scuttlebutt about those two.

I can picture it those two walking around like they own the club and over-time it has worn out the rest of the playing group.

Something is off with Souths they look as putrid as us atm with a better side.
South’s pack is pretty gash to be fair, plus they have had Arrow and Tatloa missing a fair bit who besides Murray are the only forwards you would feed. But Trell and Walker are two of the biggest entitled douchebags in the NRL.

Stagger eel

Staff member
South’s pack is pretty gash to be fair, plus they have had Arrow and Tatloa missing a fair bit who besides Murray are the only forwards you would feed. But Trell and Walker are two of the biggest entitled douchebags in the NRL.

just bad luck.

Latest posts