What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
South’s pack is pretty gash to be fair, plus they have had Arrow and Tatloa missing a fair bit who besides Murray are the only forwards you would feed. But Trell and Walker are two of the biggest entitled douchebags in the NRL.
My pop who is a hardcore souths fan reckons there missing Junior Tatola big time.

Reckons he is there 2nd best forward behind Cameron Murray.

King-Gutho94

Coach
they are far and away the biggest under achievers so far...I'm sure the Trellavision brigade will just turn a blind eye to all.
I thought they were deserved premiership favourites at the halfway mark.

Form team they bossed Melbourne in Magic Round who were there bogey side and smashed the Broncos at Suncorp.

Since we beat them they have lost the plot.

Maybe one positive out of the season is we broke Souths when we smashed them in indigenous round.

King-Gutho94

Coach
They finished 7th last year and are currently 8th. We made the grand final last year and are currently 11th. I’d say we are the biggest underachieving side of 2023.
You reckon they regret letting go of Adam Reynolds.

Its probably cost them a premiership since letting him go by not giving him another an extra year. He wanted what 3 years and they were only prepared to give him 2.

hindy111

Post Whore
they are far and away the biggest under achievers so far...I'm sure the Trellavision brigade will just turn a blind eye to all.

Parra,Souths,Roosters probably show what injuries and suspensions can do to a season. All 3 where seen as premiership threats.

For me the team of the year is Newcastle. They have put it together. Also very unlucky to have lost to Brisbane and Rooster just prior to their amazing run. Also lost Ponga for a long stint. They could easily be top 4.

One thing the other sides have done however that we have not is put in some strong performances once the bulk of squad was back. For this reason BAs time is up. These 40 point hidings don't stack up well when only 2 players missing.
The resident apologist seems to dismiss players missing from opponents side when lose and only counts the ones we are missing.

Get rid of BA end of seasonm

Stagger eel

Staff member
They finished 7th last year and are currently 8th. We made the grand final last year and are currently 11th. I’d say we are the biggest underachieving side of 2023.

I would argue that their squad has more all-round quality then ours does. they've had less injuries, less suspensions, their draw is softer ...

JokerEel

Coach
Parra,Souths,Roosters probably show what injuries and suspensions can do to a season. All 3 where seen as premiership threats.

On the flip side Penrith show how to overcome these issues during the season..

You look at the backups they have absolute plodders but the usual first grade players step up and fill that void.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
You reckon they regret letting go of Adam Reynolds.

Its probably cost them a premiership since letting him go by not giving him another an extra year. He wanted what 3 years and they were only prepared to give him 2.

And he was only asking for around $700-800K a season by all reports. What total balls up. I couldn't understand then and it has only turned out to be one of the biggest f**k ups in modern RL history.

You never voluntarily let a playmaker as good as him walk away unless you absolutely know you have the next Thurston coming through.

King-Gutho94

Coach
And he was only asking for around $700-800K a season by all reports. What total balls up. I couldn't understand then and it has only turned out to be one of the biggest f**k ups in modern RL history.

You never voluntarily let a playmaker as good as him walk away unless you absolutely know you have the next Thurston coming through.
Its why Moses is probably worth keeping.

We have no idea how Sanders will go in first grade. And Moses despite his questionable misses in crucial clutch moments at times.

Sometimes its better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Its why Moses is probably worth keeping.

We have no idea how Sanders will go in first grade. And Moses despite his questionable misses in crucial clutch moments at times.

Sometimes its better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
What if Wighton stays. Will Sanders reneg?

Latest posts