What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Jeez those Panthers are an arsy team. Not only have they been blessed with having a quality team and nursery when every other club is in a rebuilding faze or just coming up and a great run with injuries at the pointy end of the season, but finally when they get one significant injury in Luai, what happens? The warriors lose their best player and general two days out from the game.

The Panthers have been blessed on the di*k with a magic rugby league wand like no other club that I can remember in NRL history. This Saturdays game will turn out to be a training run for them.

They will take out the GF, you can put your house on it.
You make your own luck I suppose in this game.

Keep putting yourself in positions to win premierships the dice will roll your way.

We've backed up our last 3 GFs losses with poor seasons.

2002 we limped into the finals and bowed out week 1.
2010 & 2023 we didn't make the finals with rosters that probably should have made it.

Look at how Penrith responded to there choke in 2020. They rebounded with the drive and determination gone b2b looking at a 3-peat.

Soto

Bench

Keep putting yourself in positions to win premierships the dice will roll your way.

2010 & 2023 we didn't make the finals with rosters that probably should have made it.

Look at how Penrith responded to there choke in 2020. They rebounded with the drive and determination gone b2b looking at a 3-peat.
#consistency

JokerEel

Coach

Bloody resources..

Ita also breading that winning culture from Matt's all the way up to first grade.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think the Warriors know with or without Johnson they aren't winning so why risk him. Make sure he is fresh and have him ready for the home final a week later.
I remember when the storm were over the cap and during those real dominant years between 2006-2012 the one side that troubled them was the warriors especially in finals against the odds.

Webster knows the Penrith system I reckon they were a sneaky chance of an ambush.

They have enough quality forwards to win the yardage game. And unpredictability with the attack to trouble Penrith.

hindy111

Post Whore
I remember when the storm were over the cap and during those real dominant years between 2006-2012 the one side that troubled them was the warriors especially in finals against the odds.

Webster knows the Penrith system I reckon they were a sneaky chance of an ambush.

They have enough quality forwards to win the yardage game. And unpredictability with the attack to trouble Penrith.

I don't think any chance at Penriths home ground. But the following week they'll face Knights and then maybe Brisbane. I give them some chance in both those games. But still under dogs in both

jason taylor

Bench
Turpin is an upgrade on Kyle Flanagan. (But not by much.)

I'm no Reed deathrider (his Eels form proved he's a good hooker when a competent structure is around him) but Gould and his doggies made a huge error in letting Jeremy Marshall-King leave. You could always tell he put effort in despite the results the Dogs achieved in the years he was there, and his form (when fit) at the Dolphins this year was sublime.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I was talking to another Parra fan yesterday about footy and he brought up Reed.

He told me how he noticed how much more grubby shit the dogs have brought into his game along with Burton.

I said well Reed was always a little grub with us just we looked it with Blue & Gold glasses on. Like he is a typical cheeky dummy half small and feisty everytime there was a push & shove with us Reed was involved. He even baited Scam Smith to the sin bin one time.

But maybe going to the Dogs and losing every week has brought more merkin into his game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Who have we signed? I've not heard of any. How many spots do we have open? I think I counted about 6 pending on Makatoa,Ogden and Moimesea. We probably need to look at moving Jirah on. The other two are worthy of a top 30.
Haze I thought nonky have 1 more year but has 2. Fingers crossed he has a good off season and recovers from that terrible injury. I doubt he gets back to a starter but could maybe offer a back up role.

Morretti will need to be upgraded. I'm unsure if anyone else from the juniors are ready. My guess is they would hold them off untill atleast rnd 11 when free to play anyone.

I expect atleast 5 signings. Will be interesting who we are looking at.

Gronk

Staff member
Poor Gus. Not much sympathy around for a merkin that talks himself up 24/7.

I am sure he knows his shit, but I have been saying for a long time that there is no magic wand. It doesn’t matter how good a driver you are in F1, the team with the best car in that year will win everything. Ask Lewis Hamilton about that.

Likewise, it doesn’t matter how good your coach is, you need the best squad deep into the 20’s to have sustained success.

Gus joined the Pennys in 2012 when their Flegg team were stacked with Moylan, Reg, Carty etc and the club were spending or about to spend huge cash on their juniors. Was he the catalyst to this or did he ride the wave of a junior system that has gained its own momentum ?

Storm don’t have this luxury, so they have had to set up systems in QLD which costs huge cash and significant time. It takes Storm decades to set up these systems and they are constantly tweeking them (North Sydney Bears 2024).

Gussy, you can’t expect instant short term success at the Dogs (unless you are somehow able to sombrero an international team like NRLW roosters). I think he’s feeling the pressure simply because he’s been talking himself up so much. Maybe that 80 year old pub sugar daddy doesn’t have the patience for a 5 year plan ?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Who have we signed? I've not heard of any. How many spots do we have open? I think I counted about 6 pending on Makatoa,Ogden and Moimesea. We probably need to look at moving Jirah on. The other two are worthy of a top 30.
Haze I thought nonky have 1 more year but has 2. Fingers crossed he has a good off season and recovers from that terrible injury. I doubt he gets back to a starter but could maybe offer a back up role.

Morretti will need to be upgraded. I'm unsure if anyone else from the juniors are ready. My guess is they would hold them off untill atleast rnd 11 when free to play anyone.

I expect atleast 5 signings. Will be interesting who we are looking at.
Haze injury i reckon takes 18 months - 2 years to recover from at best after returning not just the rehab.

I reckon a full pre-season and judge him next year.

That's one of the worse knee injuries i have seen where he has torn ACL, MCL & PCL all in one go.

hindy111

Post Whore
Haze injury i reckon takes 18 months - 2 years to recover from at best after returning not just the rehab.

I reckon a full pre-season and judge him next year.

That's one of the worse knee injuries i have seen where he has torn ACL, MCL & PCL all in one go.

Borderline first grader without his injury I feel. At best he becomes a back up. That's his ceiling.

Not fast, not big not strong. He is never going to be a quality starter.

TheRam

Coach

That can only happen if you have everything in place, we don't, not even the right coaching ffs!

TheRam

Coach
The thing is they bought cogger as backup. Cleary was out too for some period.

Good recruitment considering they also lost Sullivan
Our purchases has not been so astute

Like I said it's a very weak comp. I mean haw can a team lose their general, what two years in a row for a significant period of time during the middle of the season and replace him with an average backup and virtually not miss a beat or when they field half a reserve grade team and still win?

By all rights their team this year is carrying a few average players to say the least, but at the moment they look like champions because of the way the team is drilled, but more significantly, the quality of the majority of the teams that are playing is very ordinary.

But also even though they have had some injuries during the season, during each semifinal series they have always been at full strength and generally well rested leading in. This is the first series they they go in with an injury to a playmaker and what happens the Warriors do even better and take out their only real and best playmaker.

Panthers by 15+, if not 20+ at some stage during the game.

Latest posts