What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exceptions that prove the rule.
If the Eels are going to win their fifth premiership in 78 years it's going to need to be an exception.
Though Brenko Lee also played for Queensland the year he won a premiership.

Next you’ll argue that we should sack Mitchell Moses because Shane Perry proves you don’t need a good halfback to win premierships.
Across all premiership squads you'll find a star at every position. It doesn't mean we need a star at every position. Until this last grand final, dopes were convinced you need a top line dummy half. Scott Kenny proved them wrong. Billy Walters nearly proved them wrong ffs. If we're going to have two quality centres in 2024 we better hope Russell has a huge off season, otherwise we'll be like the majority of NRL clubs, with only one good one.

lucablight

First Grade
If the Eels are going to win their fifth premiership in 78 years it's going to need to be an exception.

Across all premiership squads you'll find a star at every position. It doesn't mean we need a star at every position. Until this last grand final, dopes were convinced you need a top line dummy half. Scott Kenny proved them wrong. Billy Walters nearly proved them wrong ffs. If we're going to have two quality centres in 2024 we better hope Russell has a huge off season, otherwise we'll be like the majority of NRL clubs, with only one good one.
Bulldogs won it with Adam Perry and Corey Hughes as their dummy halves.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Momirovski and Brenko Lee say hi

the sad part is those 2 blokes would waltz into our starting line up..

not only do we have the worse 2-5 in the competition but our current back ups aren't even fit to tie their shoe laces...

we've had the audacity to carry no more than 27 players into the season ( maybe 28 at some point ) and yet other clubs have been able to fill their squads without any issues.

the sooner we blast our R&R committee into the sun and leave the decisions solely with the coaching staff on the make up of the squad the better we are, at least when it goes pear shape we know who to blame.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Dance Dancing GIF by AFV Pets

Gronk

Staff member
Apparently Jamal Fogarty has re-signed with the Raiders until the end of 2025 with an option for 2026. Can’t see any upside to Ethan Sanders going there now.
The option can only be triggered if he plays a certain number of NRL games.

emjaycee

Coach
the sooner we blast our R&R committee into the sun and leave the decisions solely with the coaching staff on the make up of the squad the better we are, at least when it goes pear shape we know who to blame.
Most clubs have an R&R committee.
As recently as 2019, Penrith's R&R committee comprised 10 people (incl. scouts, their CEO Brian Fletcher, Board Member Greg Alexander and others).

Maybe we need to add more people to ours.

1697487724834.png
Source: HERE however I cant read the full article because I don't pay to read the news and I am not lucky enough to get free access like Phantom.

Gronk

Staff member
Would need a huge off season. His defence is poor (although most kids at that age have the same issue).
Awesome with the ball in hand though, maybe a chance in '25
Or might get a look towards end 24.

I know it doesn't solve our start 23 problems, but maybe signing a merkin for $4/500 x 3 causes more problems than it solves ?

I know that most will say that the RR committee are like kindy kids at play lunch, but I'm going to assume that there is a plan in there and that BA, Brown, Hodgo, Baz etc do know a litte about footy. Or at least more than the merkins who are about to flame me. 🔥

Stagger eel

Staff member
Most clubs have an R&R committee.
As recently as 2019, Penrith's R&R committee comprised 10 people (incl. scouts, their CEO Brian Fletcher, Board Member Greg Alexander and others).

Maybe we need to add more people to ours.

View attachment 80818
Source: HERE however I cant read the full article because I don't pay to read the news and I am not lucky enough to get free access like Phantom.

what value do you think our CEO and Chairman have on the committee?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Or might get a look towards end 24.

I know it doesn't solve our start 23 problems, but maybe signing a merkin for $4/500 x 3 causes more problems than it solves ?

I know that most will say that the RR committee are like kindy kids at play lunch, but I'm going to assume that there is a plan in there and that BA, Brown, Hodgo, Baz etc do know a litte about footy. Or at least more than the merkins who are about to flame me. 🔥
Well considering that Hodgo and Baz are not on the committee but the CEO and Chairman are I’d argue most of us know more than at least a few of them. At least we are Eels fans which is more than I can say for those two pelicans.

Latest posts