What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Most clubs have an R&R committee.
As recently as 2019, Penrith's R&R committee comprised 10 people (incl. scouts, their CEO Brian Fletcher, Board Member Greg Alexander and others).

Maybe we need to add more people to ours.

View attachment 80818
Source: HERE however I cant read the full article because I don't pay to read the news and I am not lucky enough to get free access like Phantom.

Like most things, it's not that we have a R&R committee as many clubs do and as we can see even premiership winning ones, but the quality of the individuals in them.

Ours has needed a clean out for at least a couple of years now and the failure to address our outside backs issue for at least a couple of years now and the absolute grotesque failure to retain most of our NRLW GF squad(we lost 15 of the top 18 players) is more then enough proof for anyone that follows the club closely to see. And then there is the Dummy Half debacle that probably cost us a game or two and therefore a place in the semis.

Except pou of course. There are always dumb and smart outliers. I don't think I need to state which category pou falls in do I?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Honestly, I can’t imagine there would be any teams where at least the CEO isn’t involved in recruitment in some capacity.

Wasn’t that one of the problems we had in 2018 when BA Had to do it all himself? Our internal review led to him getting more help, including with recruitment and retention.
Human #resources

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he already has years ago.

Not sack Moses, but that you don't need a good half because Perry shows you don't need one.
No I said the quality of your team as a whole is what matters, not the quality of each individual player. This is why whinging about individual signings is stupid.
The guys a dumb antagonistic troll. Lives in stirrer world.
Misrepresenting me will get you on the list merkin. Don't do it again.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No I said the quality of your team as a whole is what matters, not the quality of each individual player. This is why whinging about individual signings is stupid.

Misrepresenting me will get you on the list merkin. Don't do it again.
cat lady meow GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

JokerEel

Coach
Cmon guys we don't have enough backup players we need atleast 20-25 backups to be able to compete with sides like the Dragons and Titans next year! It all comes down to resources!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cmon guys we don't have enough backup players we need atleast 20-25 backups to be able to compete with sides like the Dragons and Titans next year! It all comes down to resources!
My assessment of their position in the squad:

Top 17 (will play first grade when fit):
Gutherson
Sivo
Simonsson
Penisini
Brown
Moses
RCG
Lussick
Paulo
Lane
Cartwright
Hopgood
Matterson
Tuilagi
Ofahengaue

Depth (competing for a spot in the 17):
Harper
Russell
Hands
Greig

Backups (they are hoping for an injury or suspension and we're hoping they don't play):
Asi
Davey (if he stays)
Doorey
Dunster
Makatoa
Mataele
Momoisea
Ogden (if he stays)
Rodwell

JokerEel

Coach

Gutherson
Sivo
Simonsson
Penisini
Brown
Moses
RCG
Lussick
Paulo
Lane
Cartwright
Hopgood
Matterson
Tuilagi
Ofahengaue

Harper
Russell
Hands
Greig

Backups (they are hoping for an injury or suspension and we're hoping they don't play):
Asi
Davey (if he stays)
Doorey
Dunster
Makatoa
Mataele
Momoisea
Ogden (if he stays)
Rodwell

Yep we ain't making the 8 next year

Stagger eel

Staff member
Not on this year's form. Or last year's.

We used 31 players in first grade this year.

This same committee got us into the finals in four out of the last five seasons.

so we used 31 players? ...4 of them were outside our 30, more the reason to strengthen that part of the squad.

The RRC's response after making the GF has been abysmal whilst our opponents won the f**king thing again after losing 3 starting players from their squad.

Gronk

Staff member

Gutherson
Sivo
Simonsson
Penisini
Brown
Moses
RCG
Lussick
Paulo
Lane
Cartwright
Hopgood
Matterson
Tuilagi
Ofahengaue

Harper
Russell
Hands
Greig

Asi
Davey (if he stays)
Doorey
Dunster
Makatoa
Mataele
Momoisea
Ogden (if he stays)
Rodwell

Just to put the cat among the pigeons, the latest TCT pod talks about rumours of the players who have been tapped.

Clearly Momoisea is one. Can't be Davey or Ogden, Tuilagi, Hands, Carty or Emu.

Makka, Dunster, Sivo ? Any other taps ?