What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Well considering that Hodgo and Baz are not on the committee but the CEO and Chairman are I’d argue most of us know more than at least a few of them. At least we are Eels fans which is more than I can say for those two pelicans.
Yes you're making assumptions as I am. You assuming that the RR committee are insular and and don't seek advice from outside the room.

I know this is a forum and everyone is entitled etc, but unless you have all the facts its all a bit hit or miss.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yes you're making assumptions as I am. You assuming that the RR committee are insular and and don't seek advice from outside the room.

I know this is a forum and everyone is entitled etc, but unless you have all the facts its all a bit hit or miss.
As hit and miss as our recruitment the last few years?? Doubtful.

T.S Quint

Coach
After 2016, there is a fair reason why you'd want an overseer or two. Max prolly left a much needed legacy there.

Honestly, I can’t imagine there would be any teams where at least the CEO isn’t involved in recruitment in some capacity.

Wasn’t that one of the problems we had in 2018 when BA Had to do it all himself? Our internal review led to him getting more help, including with recruitment and retention.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I’m guessing they take care of the salary cap side of things. As well as negotiations.
Someone has to. I’d rather the coaching staff concentrating on, you know, coaching.

I'm guessing they're also a hinderance and have possible blocked the path of anyone signing because we may be forced to pay a little more than required?

84 Baby

Referee
I'm guessing they're also a hinderance and have possible blocked the path of anyone signing because we may be forced to pay a little more than required?
My analogy on it is they are trying to walk the ball over the goal line, although this year some moves went against that.
Actually I liken it a lot to how Sivo is playing. They’re afraid of making mistakes, but sometimes you just need to accept a mistake as the price of brushing Blake Ayshford into an early grave from your own 30m line.
The things that went against this season were Hodgson (assuming we weren’t expecting his medical retirement) and Ofahengaue (not saying he’s a mistake yet but this year showed he was at least a riskier signing).

TheRam

Coach
Exceptions that prove the rule. Though Brenko Lee also played for Queensland the year he won a premiership.

Next you’ll argue that we should sack Mitchell Moses because Shane Perry proves you don’t need a good halfback to win premierships.

I think he already has years ago.

Not sack Moses, but that you don't need a good half because Perry shows you don't need one.

The guys a dumb antagonistic troll. Lives in stirrer world.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
the sad part is those 2 blokes would waltz into our starting line up..
Not on this year's form. Or last year's.
not only do we have the worse 2-5 in the competition but our current back ups aren't even fit to tie their shoe laces...

we've had the audacity to carry no more than 27 players into the season ( maybe 28 at some point ) and yet other clubs have been able to fill their squads without any issues.
We used 31 players in first grade this year.
the sooner we blast our R&R committee into the sun and leave the decisions solely with the coaching staff on the make up of the squad the better we are, at least when it goes pear shape we know who to blame.
This same committee got us into the finals in four out of the last five seasons.