What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tracey going to the Dogs. What the frig are our management doing? Instead we Sign Hapless Harper.

our management Cleary do not have the same
Ambition as someone like Gus at the dogs does. We are in trouble with these dopes in charge.

Incorrect

Coach
Maybe. I wouldn't write them off. But at the sametime if it went pear shaped the squad could take a while to recover.
It's not a great squad overall, plenty of 6 out of 10 type players with Crighton and Burton thrown in as potential match winners but they don't produce it often enough...

In saying all of that, wouldn't be surprised to see an ambush at Parra Stadium in Round 1.... We'll be $1.20 favourites... Hopefully we turn up with the right attitude....

hindy111

Post Whore
Dogs have a tough first 5 or 6 weeks. If they started poorly their season could go downhill fast. But if they stuck a few wins they'll gain confidence and fight for top 8.

Avenger

Immortal
Tracey going to the Dogs. What the frig are our management doing? Instead we Sign Hapless Harper.

our management Cleary do not have the same
Ambition as someone like Gus at the dogs does. We are in trouble with these dopes in charge.
We need to sit back let the dust settle and pounce on players whilst letting some of our own go. At least 3 or 4 of our juniors will make it and a couple will be potential superstars. Don’t need to block their progression because there is a guy like Tracey looking for a 3 year deal.

Incorrect

Coach
We need to sit back let the dust settle and pounce on players whilst letting some of our own go. At least 3 or 4 of our juniors will make it and a couple will be potential superstars. Don’t need to block their progression because there is a guy like Tracey looking for a 3 year deal.
Yeah look, I would have much rathered we signed Tracey instead of Harper, but now with Harpic on the books, I don't see any point going for Tracey (while he was available). He's handy but he ain't Joey Manu or Stephen Crighton in the centres... Better off waiting for a bona fide superstar to become available and then make whatever arrangements we need to in order to sign them...

84 Baby

Referee
giphy.gif
No I’m Kirk Douglas’s son

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I’m clearly in the minority in thinking the Dogs are a very healthy top 8 next year. I just can’t see how they can’t be. I bloody hope they don’t make the 8 but think they’ll go very well as they just have plenty of good players.

Their forwards are F-tier. Their spine is D-tier. They'll be lucky to not have the worst attack and worst defence again next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah look, I would have much rathered we signed Tracey instead of Harper, but now with Harpic on the books, I don't see any point going for Tracey (while he was available). He's handy but he ain't Joey Manu or Stephen Crighton in the centres... Better off waiting for a bona fide superstar to become available and then make whatever arrangements we need to in order to sign them...
I reckon despite one game where he was hung out to dry against Talakai, Morgan Harper is a solid defender, and more proven than Tracey at centre.

Tracey is a better attacking player, obviously.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Lol...

You watch, by late February, everyone will be reading comments from coaches and players about how good Harper is going and everyone will be changing their opinions on him and hyping him up......until full time round 1....

It's what we eels supporters do...