What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Colonel

Immortal
I don’t think you remember the start of last season well enough. Jirah started the first trial at right edge whilst doorey was on the bench. He also started there for most of the pre season until right up to the trials. Once he lost his spot to doorey he still maintained a spot on the bench ahead of murchie. He was very clearly the desired replacement, he just worked out to be a terrible buy.
Doorey was returning from an ACL injury that kept him out of a good part of 2022 so was never going to start immediately. I am almost certain Murchie had an injury as well. With Lane breaking his jaw and Matterson suspended he got an opportunity he wouldn't have normally.

The Colonel

Immortal
gee, if you had signed with the dogs recently, you always be looking behind you to see if some one was going to tap you on the shoulder
47 players don't go into a Top 30.... at this stage I think there are a few blokes looking over their shoulder before the start of the season. I think you will find that Faitala Mariner will be the first of a number of players having plenty of pressure placed on them to find new homes in the coming weeks - Biondi-Odo, Topine, Perham, Hughes, Skelton and Sexton will all find themselves on the outer I would think.

TheCrowe

Juniors
he's faster and from what I recall, better attack than Opacic but reading defense, not sure. He looks like a bigger body too.

I think he was at right centre for moanly, doubt he would take Willy Peni's spot. So he would be left centre or winger I guess if he made it
Should be motivated as he is playing for his career.

Avenger

Immortal
47 players don't go into a Top 30.... at this stage I think there are a few blokes looking over their shoulder before the start of the season. I think you will find that Faitala Mariner will be the first of a number of players having plenty of pressure placed on them to find new homes in the coming weeks - Biondi-Odo, Topine, Perham, Hughes, Skelton and Sexton will all find themselves on the outer I would think.
Gould ended up being kissed on the dick by a fairy with the talent Penrith had and the emergence of a generational talent like Nathan Cleary. The quality at the Dogs is not at the same level which is why he is doing the scatter gun approach with fringe first graders and utilities.

I reckon deep down Ciraldo wishes he could have his time back. He is very much starting to look like Trent Barrett and may have a similar fate.

84 Baby

Referee
People think Harper was dreadful for just that one game but it was far more than one, he played the odd decent game but most of the time he’s rocks. No other club in the NRL wanted him for a reason. Good luck polishing that Turd Bea.
By itself his signing isn’t “bad”. He’s no better or worse than Simonsson. But everyone available, only one of him, Simonsson or Dunster are getting picked so he doesn’t really improve our starting side. Having good depth is only good if you’re required to use it, and if you are required to use it, the depth isn’t going to be as good as the people they’re replacing, so I think the money of at least one of the 3 I mentioned probably could’ve been better utilised elsewhere

84 Baby

Referee
Gould ended up being kissed on the dick by a fairy with the talent Penrith had and the emergence of a generational talent like Nathan Cleary. The quality at the Dogs is not at the same level which is why he is doing the scatter gun approach with fringe first graders and utilities.

I reckon deep down Ciraldo wishes he could have his time back. He is very much starting to look like Trent Barrett and may have a similar fate.
With the “resources” Dogs are pumping in, sadly they’ll eventually turn it around, so Gus will be able to claim he made it so. At which point hopefully the Laundys will sack him because they believe they did all the work and that leads to another Oasis style house of cards collapse

Avenger

Immortal
With the “resources” Dogs are pumping in, sadly they’ll eventually turn it around, so Gus will be able to claim he made it so. At which point hopefully the Laundys will sack him because they believe they did all the work and that leads to another Oasis style house of cards collapse
I don’t think they have that much patience. If they are in the bottom 4 again the pressure will mount. Paying out Ciraldo and getting a more experienced coach (Don’t write them
off approaching Bennett) may happen especially if Bennett gets the Dolphins into the 8.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Ciraldo knew exactly what he was getting himself into to.

He was with Gould at Penrith for 5 years so it wasn't like he didn't know what Gus is like behind the scenes. He even helped get Hook rissoled midway through 2018 so he could take over as interim coach.

I think Ciraldo tyres were pumped up too much from the start without proving a thing and he thought he would just turn the Dogs over with a click of the fingers.

Job was bigger then he imagined.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
By itself his signing isn’t “bad”. He’s no better or worse than Simonsson. But everyone available, only one of him, Simonsson or Dunster are getting picked so he doesn’t really improve our starting side. Having good depth is only good if you’re required to use it, and if you are required to use it, the depth isn’t going to be as good as the people they’re replacing, so I think the money of at least one of the 3 I mentioned probably could’ve been better utilised elsewhere
Dunster obviously, since he has torn every ligament in his knee since he signed his current deal and would no longer be worth what he is being paid.

Simonsson just had a breakout year and signed in 2021 when his form was not as good. So he is likely providing good value.

Harper signed at the last minute after a season where no other NRL club wanted him. That would make him cheap.

So the only one likely to be on overs is Dunster. Simonsson is likely on unders. Harper is our number five outside back, so you want someone worth more than minimum salary. Bonus if they're only on minimum salary, but we just don't know what Harper would be on. I suspect around $200k, which is minimum salary + f**k all in the context of the salary cap. Russell would be on about the same. Sivo and Penisini would be on decent money, both $400k+

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hey @King-Gutho94 was that you over on TCT picking a fight with 60's about mental health?
No mate i dont have an account on that website.

I did a see bloke calling himself King Gutho though on there picking a fight with 60s and thought f**k some people are going to think thats me.

But it isnt

This is the only forum i post in.

I am KingGutho94 included the year i was born as a point of difference..