What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
What is an issue is the double standards, Roosters apparently can sign Jennings on a trial and train deal after being convicted of unlawful sexual assault and fined accordingly. Scott is refused after serving time etc, Lodge is granted approval after conviction in the USA for Broncos.
That’s my issue, double standards in the NRL who would have thunk that.

The Colonel

Immortal
to be fair we can only go off media reports, the club have not and will probably never publicly confirm their interest on the player.
The club shouldn't have gone near him when he was first signed after being sacked by Canberra. There were enough rumours then to suggest he shouldn't be in the NRL. I know the whole innocent to proven guilty stuff but we ended up looking like dicks.

The Colonel

Immortal
What is an issue is the double standards, Roosters apparently can sign Jennings on a trial and train deal after being convicted of unlawful sexual assault and fined accordingly. Scott is refused after serving time etc, Lodge is granted approval after conviction in the USA for Broncos.
That’s my issue, double standards in the NRL who would have thunk that.
Jennings never faced criminal charges. It was a civil matter. Still doesn't make it any better. There is a double standard however neither of them should be allowed near the NRL along with Scott. Thats the bigger double standard.

PARRAAEEL

Juniors
My little birds tell me Morretti is training the house down. Big season ahe

You have to admit but 11yrs and nothing to show for it is a long time. Has this happened in the history of rugby league?
His my Smokey for a bench spot with Ofahangaue, Matterson, Greig and Morretti.
where does this leave the likes of Tuilagi, Cartwright? One of the 3 has too miss out unfortunately but my pick would be Tuilagi to miss out on a spot in the 17.

lingard

Coach
100% agree. Sadly the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
Im a huge fan of all 4 but my preference in order would be.
1. Pricey. Its no coincidence we have won sfa since he called quits. Immortal, Legend and almost a God. What a player.
2. Sterlo. Magician who definitely deserves to be an Immortal. Loved what he brought but I reckon Squizzy Taylor helped Sterlo a fair bit.
3. Kenny. That dummy try in Our Eels GF was enough apart from every other magnificent moment he provided.
4. Cronin. Maybe number 4 on my list but still an Immortal in my eyes. Just wish hed have kicked that goal in 1977.
My list is:
1. Price
2. Kenny
3. Cronin
4. Sterling
I've always felt Sterling was just a tiny bit overrated. I thought Steve Mortimer was better.

lingard

Coach
I don't have any sympathy for the bloke.

He had a chance not many young people get and have a first grade career on decent coin.

He pissed it away.

If we sign him well ill cop it. I don't agree with it but i suppose i wont be ropeable if it was someone like Matt Lodge.

I would imagine if the Roosters got Michael Jennings across the line for a train and trial deal the NRL would approve Scott to Parramatta.

But yet again we don't have Nick Politis we have the other Greek in Jim Sarantinos.
Alcoholics piss away a lot of things in their lives. Does that mean as a society we just banish them? No need for AA in that case.

lingard

Coach
Playing first grade rugby league is a privilege. Especially with the money there on.

They get more education about Drugs, Alcohol, financial advice and help with teritary education then the average Joe there age.
If you're an alcoholic, education won't make a scrap of difference. And, yes, it is a privilege in one sense to be playing NRL. But it takes a high degree of self-discipline, dedication, focus, motivation, and extraordinarily hard work to get there in the first place.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Cart
His my Smokey for a bench spot with Ofahangaue, Matterson, Greig and Morretti.
where does this leave the likes of Tuilagi, Cartwright? One of the 3 has too miss out unfortunately but my pick would be Tuilagi to miss out on a spot in the 17.
Cartwright is currently our starting second rower. Tuilagi and Moretti may compete for the bench spot. Moretti seems to be seen as a middle now but can cover edge id need be. Tuilagi seems to be mainly edge but has the size to cover middle.