What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Colonel

Immortal
100% agree. Sadly the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
Im a huge fan of all 4 but my preference in order would be.
1. Pricey. Its no coincidence we have won sfa since he called quits. Immortal, Legend and almost a God. What a player.
2. Sterlo. Magician who definitely deserves to be an Immortal. Loved what he brought but I reckon Squizzy Taylor helped Sterlo a fair bit.
3. Kenny. That dummy try in Our Eels GF was enough apart from every other magnificent moment he provided.
4. Cronin. Maybe number 4 on my list but still an Immortal in my eyes. Just wish hed have kicked that goal in 1977.

Kenny should be an Immortal without a doubt. Kept two of the Immortals out of their preferred position on two unbeaten Kangaroo Tours. Two Clive Churchill Medals (awarded later 82&83) - scored two tries in three straight Grand Finals (not to mention the disallowed ones in 86). Golden Boot. Origin wins over Wally. Challenge Cup winner and MOTM. 100+ tries. Hands down the best player I have ever seen play.

Kenny should be an Immortal without a doubt. Kept two of the Immortals out of their preferred position on two unbeaten Kangaroo Tours. Two Clive Churchill Medals (awarded later 82&83) - scored two tries in three straight Grand Finals (not to mention the disallowed ones in 86). Golden Boot. Origin wins over Wally. Challenge Cup winner and MOTM. 100+ tries. Hands down the best player I have ever seen play.
That feat in particular is often overlooked when people write the histories of the era. Because he seemed a farily laid back guy, I don't think Bert gets the acolades he deserves.

It’s a small world. Spoke to someone that is very close to Curtis Scott. He needs footy in his life and wants to join the Eels. That’s his preference.
Well, as the Rolling Stones sang, you can't always get what you want.

Curtis Scott is not in a bargaining position. It comes down to whether or not we think we need him. Train and trial is all I'd offer, and that's at a pinch.

Incorrect

Coach
Good, we don't need people like him at our club.

But i do wonder what would of happened if the Roosters or Donkey's had of asked?
Well the headline in the picture posted by @Gazzamatta only says his request was knocked back. It doesn't say who knocked the request back. It was probably the Roosters after the NRL checked with them if it would be OK if Parra signed him...

lucablight

First Grade
It’s pretty pathetic that we were even entertaining the idea of signing Scott after he’s literally been convicted of assault against a woman. Do we not have any standards? What sort of message would we be sending out by signing someone like that? Hey you can use physical violence against women but here at the Parramatta Eels we will turn a blind eye to that and roll out the red carpet if we think you can help us win football games! It blows my mind that he was even an option and it’s shameless if the reports are correct. We need to be better than this.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It’s pretty pathetic that we were even entertaining the idea of signing Scott after he’s literally been convicted of assault against a woman. Do we not have any standards? What sort of message would we be sending out by signing someone like that? Hey you can use physical violence against women but here at the Parramatta Eels we will turn a blind eye to that and roll out the red carpet if we think you can help us win football games! It blows my mind that he was even an option and it’s shameless if the reports are correct. We need to be better than this.

to be fair we can only go off media reports, the club have not and will probably never publicly confirm their interest on the player.

Tiger5150

Bench
How do you compare him to say Boston Fakafanua who is a goal kicker and can also play 10, 11, 12 and 15 in rugby?

I think that they are both outstanding prospects and if I were running our R&R committee I would be trying to tempt both these boys to join the Eels junior elite academy. These are the sorts of kids that you take a punt on. You know before the Roosters do. Surely we would and should be a way better destination club then say slogging it out at the Tigers for 5-10 years with no real success or even finals prospects?

Like I have said, there are many available talents that are out there and that we could easily recruit if we had the gumption and will. But Potato Head, Glacier and Co just don't seem to have high enough aspirations to do what is necessary to be always one step ahead. Quality juniors always coming through is the way you beat the restrictions of the salary cap. That is why we find ourselves in the position we are in right now with no ready made backs of real class and quality coming through. We need to address this like I have said before...yesterday.

I mean anyone that watches Onitoni Large move and run can see that he should be a real star if brought along correctly and played in a quality roster from the get go. Strong powerful, fancy steps and speed to burn. Odds are very good and should be in his favour if his attitude is right, which so often comes down with the personnel you can surround him with at your club.
Large is the highest priority for Tigers. IMO higher than Galvin

Latest posts