What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
RAM DECLARES: if Parra were as good as Penrith we might have won the comp. I can see why Hindy looks up to you so much.

BTW, Penrith have Storm, Eels, Broncos and Roosters in the first 4 rounds especially after spending time in the UK for the WCC. They could easily drop three of those. But they'll probably still be good enough to recover.
Only win the Roosters (imposters) game?

I call them imposters as their halves are vastly inferior to the rest of their squad (although still better than us tho - they are a team we should own), their d/h (Smith) gives poor service and their fullback is slowly fading away.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It’s a small world. Spoke to someone that is very close to Curtis Scott. He needs footy in his life and wants to join the Eels. That’s his preference.
I don't have any sympathy for the bloke.

He had a chance not many young people get and have a first grade career on decent coin.

He pissed it away.

If we sign him well ill cop it. I don't agree with it but i suppose i wont be ropeable if it was someone like Matt Lodge.

I would imagine if the Roosters got Michael Jennings across the line for a train and trial deal the NRL would approve Scott to Parramatta.

But yet again we don't have Nick Politis we have the other Greek in Jim Sarantinos.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't have any sympathy for the bloke.

He had a chance not many young people get and have a first grade career on decent coin.

He pissed it away.

If we sign him well ill cop it. I don't agree with it but i suppose i wont be ropeable if it was someone like Matt Lodge.

I would imagine if the Roosters got Michael Jennings across the line for a train and trial deal the NRL would approve Scott to Parramatta.

But yet again we don't have Nick Politis we have the other Greek in Jim Sarantinos.
Jimmy Sparkles has apparently had a bit to say today re "The Immortals". He lives!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Jimmy Sparkles has apparently had a bit to say today re "The Immortals". He lives!
About time he got on the front foot and stood up for the club and pushed its cause in the media.

The likes of Blake Solly Souths CEO & Brian Fletcher Penrith CEO are always in the media hounding the NRL or whinging about about garbage weather you like it or not they have a presence and get what they want.

We roll over and just cop it without standing up for ourselves.

Some of that 80s group won 4 premierships not many other players won 4 premierships since the 1980s.

Especially when you consider Mal Meninga only won 3 & Joey Johns won 2 are already immortals.

But Mal is champion bloke and Joey is a confessed coke head so everything is all sweet.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sounds like they want to turn Mataele into a middle. His defense must not be good enough out wide. Doesn't mean he can't attack out wide does it? Especially with Matterson in the side. Matto could defend put wide but attack in the guts

King-Gutho94

Coach
Sounds like they want to turn Mataele into a middle. His defense must not be good enough out wide. Doesn't mean he can't attack out wide does it? Especially with Matterson in the side. Matto could defend put wide but attack in the guts
Yep matto to attack in the middle.

That RCG try in the prelim a few years back where matto used his ballskills to draw the defence in & put Reg into the hole for his 1st try that night is an example of what Matto is capable of.

We just don't use it enough

JokerEel

Coach
Speaking of hookers I just read TCTs latest training report and comments from yesterdays session. Who the hell is "Frank"? Hes absolutely launched into our coach. Not sure it will be up for long. Definitely has an agenda.

Too bad he is talking shit about MA. No running game no creativity? I must have have been watching someone else last season.

Kalache came from no where to get a dev contract last season not sure Frank should be talking shit

JokerEel

Coach

If he can't make it out in the second row he isn't going to make it I am sorry.

Black Panther

Juniors
Interesting how he goes. Most on Penrith forum suggested he was about 5th choice
Smith was touted a Junior star, but was over taken by a few last season. Connor Mason and Billy Scott were in front of him in the lower grades.As were Kenny, Luke and Sommerton.
He was bulked up a bit then seemed to have lost a bit of pace, but bounced around Hooker, Halfback and Lock.Seemed destined to make it, but sadly fell out of favour.
I still think he could be a good signing for Parra.

Gazzamatta

Coach
About time he got on the front foot and stood up for the club and pushed its cause in the media.

The likes of Blake Solly Souths CEO & Brian Fletcher Penrith CEO are always in the media hounding the NRL or whinging about about garbage weather you like it or not they have a presence and get what they want.

We roll over and just cop it without standing up for ourselves.

Some of that 80s group won 4 premierships not many other players won 4 premierships since the 1980s.

Especially when you consider Mal Meninga only won 3 & Joey Johns won 2 are already immortals.

But Mal is champion bloke and Joey is a confessed coke head so everything is all sweet.
100% agree. Sadly the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
Im a huge fan of all 4 but my preference in order would be.
1. Pricey. Its no coincidence we have won sfa since he called quits. Immortal, Legend and almost a God. What a player.
2. Sterlo. Magician who definitely deserves to be an Immortal. Loved what he brought but I reckon Squizzy Taylor helped Sterlo a fair bit.
3. Kenny. That dummy try in Our Eels GF was enough apart from every other magnificent moment he provided.
4. Cronin. Maybe number 4 on my list but still an Immortal in my eyes. Just wish hed have kicked that goal in 1977.