What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Which makes his continual obsession with surrounding himself with absolute potato's all the more infuriating. Finally he signed up Barrett but i still wonder how much say he actually got in our attack. He looked bored shitless in the box sitting next to Bea most weeks.

Madge has won a comp and hasn't won a spoon he's light years ahead of Baldy.

This is it..

He could be the best manager but if he doesn't have good assistants around him he isn't going to win shit.

It's like Bennett he probably does sweet f**k all in coaching these days leaves it up to his assistant.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The default is we keep BA until end 2025 (because that's when his contract extension carries him to), but I agree... if that needs to change the club needs to get on the front foot about setting up a 2024 replacement between Round 6 and Origin.

Our club doesn't make a habit of paying out coaches, it's simply not in our DNA, we may have done it twice since it's existence ( SK and Anderson ) but it's going to have to take a big call for this one and if it happens then ( and maybe it should ) we're going to need to go through another painful transitional period.

Avenger

Immortal
Our club doesn't make a habit of paying out coaches, it's simply not in our DNA, we may have done it twice since it's existence ( SK and Anderson ) but it's going to have to take a big call for this one and if it happens then ( and maybe it should ) we're going to need to go through another painful transitional period.
SK quit
DA was sacked

Avenger

Immortal
Well according to these articles... Kearney was given two weeks to turn things around in June 2012, and then the board made a decision that he would cease being coach with immediate effect in July 2012.

1: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...d/news-story/e75cc8c77e1276793205f0cfb61725b4

2: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/4a71af43ab3b04eed1ae63b0761d2d08

Pou was still defending him though 🤣
That’s a given. Pou just does this for the obvious reasons. Notice how he isn’t much on here when the discussions aren’t about polarising subjects where he can take the minority view?

Everyone is onto him. And yes I know you will read this - Go f**k yourself Pou. 💩😉

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

It looks like no club submitted a formal contract to the league for Curtis Scott. That’s good to hear and I’m happy to stand corrected after thinking we may have been after him.
I reckon we were 100% interested - just not stupid enough to put our name to it yet.
Moley didn't miss Merrin, did he?
Calls him a coward and everything.
here's Trent's new thing. Making a career out of defending the indefensible I suppose.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
That's good to hear. I'm all for seeing how 2024 pans out. If we have a poor season you move on. Not suggesting we get a better coach but at some point you need to try something different.
If we have a great year then I'm all for keeping him for 2025
What constitutes a great year?

lingard

Coach
mate, Sterlo's passing and kicking game was much better than Mortimers, granted Turvey was a better CD and Captain but Sterlo overall had the better packaged game.

fyi, I'm also a fan of both

We'll have to agree to disagree. All good. Both great players.