What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Pou did himself no favourite blocking long term valuable members on here. Strange act. I like the guy and unsure why he decided to block myself. I enjoyed our discussions occasionally. I just hope he is ok. I assume he blew a fuse.
He hasn’t blocked anyone. He just chooses to ignore anyone who calls him out for his bullshit. That’s ok, because I don’t read any of his crap anymore because it’s meaningless dribble. And, He f**king reads everything.

Again, go f**k yourself, Pou.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think you are misremembering this year because it was bad. Matterson passed the ball a lot. We (and Matterson was big part of this) didn’t lay a good enough platform (didn’t front load our efforts if you will). That meant regardless of how much he was “creative”, it was less likely to be effective.

From my memory, he did alot of hitups and only started offloading and passing when we were chasing points.

This year, it was mainly play set for set for 20 mins and we dont score much, then we collapse and the good opposition puts a few tries on us. We then start playing catchup. I recall posting these points during most games.

You might (or might not) be a decent bloke in 'real life', but your behaviour on this forum reminds me so much of a girl in my class at primary school. She would target a particular person and go about trying to influence other people to dislike them. Sometimes she'd make up rumours about them, sometimes she'd distort, twist, or deliberately misinterpret what they said and use it as ammunition. There was no social media back then, of course, so no memes or gifs (she would have loved them) so she relied on a roll of the eyes or a snide comment here and there. But she was relentless. Just talked about her target all day long, to whoever was silly enough to listen. By this method she would gradually draft some of the non-thinking kids into disliking her target. And anyone who defended the target, or pointed out that what she was doing was very primitive psychological behaviour, became a secondary target. After a while, when it finally became so boring, or when some of the other kids realised that maybe the target wasn't as bad as she was making out, she would shift to another target and the game would begin again. I don't know what happened to her. Maybe she's still there sitting on a little wooden bench in the playground, eating her Vegemite sandwich and picking a scab off her knee.
Wow that escalated quickly... I briefly challenged your forgiving view on Scott, provided the link you needed - but you still seem a tad upset?

Appreciate the effort to type a long post in further reply, but I apologise for not reading it. As I said in my previous post, "each to their own I guess" 🤷‍♂️.

84 Baby

Referee
Everyone had a pretty poor season this year, except Gutherson.

The platform wasn't laid properly, and we threw a lot of passes which turned out ineffective - that would suggest to me there Is merit in pursuing more creativity in the middle third, if we put the hard work in.
I’m saying we did have creativity in the middle third. We have for few of seasons, usually off Matto and Paulo’s skill. The problem was this year we did it without putting the hard work in. And those two especially can’t just rely on having that creativity to just leave the hard work to others

IFR33K

Coach
Wow that escalated quickly... I briefly challenged your forgiving view on Scott, provided the link you needed - but you still seem a tad upset?

Appreciate the effort to type a long post in further reply, but I apologise for not reading it. As I said in my previous post, "each to their own I guess" 🤷‍♂️.

“each to their own” yet you want to pull everyone’s post apart and argue if it’s outside your line of thought.

“each to their own” yet you want to pull everyone’s post apart and argue if it’s outside your line of thought.
I do that initially, as does pretty much everyone here.

But when someone gets shirty (see example above) about being called out for bullshit, won't admit they were wrong etc, keeps coming back days after day on the same point... then it's not worth further bother, and so yes "each to their own" then I guess.

Tiger5150

Bench
Don’t forget it was only a few years after they merged, when they were given cap dispensations. Along with the Dragons, Wests were very strong back then, right up until about 2012.
Wests were very strong back then? Really? Had never made the 8 before 2005 and were $150/1 6 weeks out from the semi's....do you watch Rugba leeg?

Tiger5150

Bench
They got hot for 3 months and won a comp.

They didn't make the finals before or for another 5 years after winning the premiership.

They were never strong they fluked it.

2005 was a bigger waste under Brian Smith era then 2001.

Pound for pound we were better then the Tigers, Cowboys and Dragons that season.

Broncos, Roosters, Bulldogs the 3 powerhouses of that era weren't around and Storm were still developing under Bellamy.

you have missed the point and are completely wrong. Parra werent "pound for pound" better than the Tigers that season because they were playing a different game. Sheens WAS a genius and realised that the NRL by wanting everything to be FASTER had pushed the rule set into a very different game. NRL was basically full contact touch football and Sheens saw it coming and built that team accordingly. It was no fluke or surprise that the two fastest most flamboyant teams made the GF. A lot was made of Benji and Tigers attack that year in that run to the GF but the reason that Benji and a "star studded backline" that included greats like Paul Whatuira, Shane Elford, Fitzhenry tore up was our small mobile pack with the likes of Fulton, Halatau, Payten etc had run opposition packs off their feet.

Tigers and Cowboys read it early and were playing a different game to Parra, Dragons etc. NRL also realised it and changed the interpretation after 2005 and allowed the wrestle to slow things down and that Tigers game was nullified and it took us until 2010 to rebuild the team with bigger stronger guys like Gareth Ellis, Lote etc.

Tiger5150

Bench
Looks like this Tigers player might fit in well down Manly way, with those 7 blokes who cried about their jersey having a rainbow stripe for one week?

This is a Parra forum merkin, take your Tigers shit somewhere else

T.S Quint

Coach
you have missed the point and are completely wrong. Parra werent "pound for pound" better than the Tigers that season because they were playing a different game. Sheens WAS a genius and realised that the NRL by wanting everything to be FASTER had pushed the rule set into a very different game. NRL was basically full contact touch football and Sheens saw it coming and built that team accordingly. It was no fluke or surprise that the two fastest most flamboyant teams made the GF. A lot was made of Benji and Tigers attack that year in that run to the GF but the reason that Benji and a "star studded backline" that included greats like Paul Whatuira, Shane Elford, Fitzhenry tore up was our small mobile pack with the likes of Fulton, Halatau, Payten etc had run opposition packs off their feet.

Tigers and Cowboys read it early and were playing a different game to Parra, Dragons etc. NRL also realised it and changed the interpretation after 2005 and allowed the wrestle to slow things down and that Tigers game was nullified and it took us until 2010 to rebuild the team with bigger stronger guys like Gareth Ellis, Lote etc.

We understood that the game was played that way. The Eels were doing it in 2001.
Unfortunately, we shit the bed at the end.

lingard

Coach

I think I can see some cobwebs on your Vegemite sandwich.

Glenneel

Bench
Everyone had a pretty poor season this year, except Gutherson.

The platform wasn't laid properly, and we threw a lot of passes which turned out ineffective - that would suggest to me there Is merit in pursuing more creativity in the middle third, if we put the hard work in.
We had the second best attack, a differential of +100 and were just in or just out of the 8 when we beat the Phins. What happened after that? Obviously our defence was shit - the second half of that game was testament to that. And that is the clue to what needs improving for this year. Obviously 2022 our D was better than this year so we've regressed in an area where we were already poor.

Our strategy needs to change, The the first 3-4 tackles in a set our outside backs need to cart the ball up and then the forwards get to work. Keep them fresh for tackling and importantly not get them to play too many minutes in one stint. Last year BA played our 2 main props too long imo and blunted their A & D. Played Hodgson too long also. Give all the forwards a rest during a match and maybe, just maybe, our D will improve. And them there's our edge D, and with Waqa gone, hopefully that'll improve also. Realistically there is probably only 1 extra try a game we need to deny to become a top defensive team.

yy_cheng

Coach
We had the second best attack, a differential of +100 and were just in or just out of the 8 when we beat the Phins. What happened after that? Obviously our defence was shit - the second half of that game was testament to that. And that is the clue to what needs improving for this year. Obviously 2022 our D was better than this year so we've regressed in an area where we were already poor.

Our strategy needs to change, The the first 3-4 tackles in a set our outside backs need to cart the ball up and then the forwards get to work. Keep them fresh for tackling and importantly not get them to play too many minutes in one stint. Last year BA played our 2 main props too long imo and blunted their A & D. Played Hodgson too long also. Give all the forwards a rest during a match and maybe, just maybe, our D will improve. And them there's our edge D, and with Waqa gone, hopefully that'll improve also. Realistically there is probably only 1 extra try a game we need to deny to become a top defensive team.
BA said that they get payed alot so should play more minutes