What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think you are misremembering this year because it was bad. Matterson passed the ball a lot. We (and Matterson was big part of this) didn’t lay a good enough platform (didn’t front load our efforts if you will). That meant regardless of how much he was “creative”, it was less likely to be effective.

Everyone had a pretty poor season this year, except Gutherson.

The platform wasn't laid properly, and we threw a lot of passes which turned out ineffective - that would suggest to me there Is merit in pursuing more creativity in the middle third, if we put the hard work in.

I said quite clearly and plainly that I'm not defending his actions. But you already knew that.
I did see what you said about defending Scott's actions. I also saw what you said afterwards, which seemed a further attempt to excuse his actions (or diminish other people's inferences about Scott based on his actions.

Each to their own I guess.

hindy111

Post Whore
Everyone had a pretty poor season this year, except Gutherson.

The platform wasn't laid properly, and we threw a lot of passes which turned out ineffective - that would suggest to me there Is merit in pursuing more creativity in the middle third, if we put the hard work in.

I rate Hopgood but Mattersons superior and probably should start at lock.

I think Matterson really enjoys his apparent permanent role coming on at the 20min mark, i.e. missing out on the tough stuff in the middle at the start of the match.

lingard

Coach
I did see what you said about defending Scott's actions. I also saw what you said afterwards, which seemed a further attempt to excuse his actions (or diminish other people's inferences about Scott based on his actions.

Each to their own I guess.

You might (or might not) be a decent bloke in 'real life', but your behaviour on this forum reminds me so much of a girl in my class at primary school. She would target a particular person and go about trying to influence other people to dislike them. Sometimes she'd make up rumours about them, sometimes she'd distort, twist, or deliberately misinterpret what they said and use it as ammunition. There was no social media back then, of course, so no memes or gifs (she would have loved them) so she relied on a roll of the eyes or a snide comment here and there. But she was relentless. Just talked about her target all day long, to whoever was silly enough to listen. By this method she would gradually draft some of the non-thinking kids into disliking her target. And anyone who defended the target, or pointed out that what she was doing was very primitive psychological behaviour, became a secondary target. After a while, when it finally became so boring, or when some of the other kids realised that maybe the target wasn't as bad as she was making out, she would shift to another target and the game would begin again. I don't know what happened to her. Maybe she's still there sitting on a little wooden bench in the playground, eating her Vegemite sandwich and picking a scab off her knee.

Suitman

Post Whore
You might (or might not) be a decent bloke in 'real life', but your behaviour on this forum reminds me so much of a girl in my class at primary school. She would target a particular person and go about trying to influence other people to dislike them. Sometimes she'd make up rumours about them, sometimes she'd distort, twist, or deliberately misinterpret what they said and use it as ammunition. There was no social media back then, of course, so no memes or gifs (she would have loved them) so she relied on a roll of the eyes or a snide comment here and there. But she was relentless. Just talked about her target all day long, to whoever was silly enough to listen. By this method she would gradually draft some of the non-thinking kids into disliking her target. And anyone who defended the target, or pointed out that what she was doing was very primitive psychological behaviour, became a secondary target. After a while, when it finally became so boring, or when some of the other kids realised that maybe the target wasn't as bad as she was making out, she would shift to another target and the game would begin again. I don't know what happened to her. Maybe she's still there sitting on a little wooden bench in the playground, eating her Vegemite sandwich and picking a scab off her knee.

A perfect summary. Kudos to you.

Incorrect

Coach
Looks like this Tigers player might fit in well down Manly way, with those 7 blokes who cried about their jersey having a rainbow stripe for one week?

Take it to the Pride or non Eels Footy thread FFS....

hindy111

Post Whore

Pou did himself no favourite blocking long term valuable members on here. Strange act. I like the guy and unsure why he decided to block myself. I enjoyed our discussions occasionally. I just hope he is ok. I assume he blew a fuse.

Eelogical

Referee
He's got to be up there with one of our most embarrassing signings ever. Whoever signed this chump should be frogmarched out of the club asap and loaded into a cannon and fired into the sun. A min after Mummamoasia is.
Fair suck of the sav, mate. Someone has to be last.

Latest posts