What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Zoso

Juniors
There have been worse coaches

Like SK and Sticky....

Arthur brought in some character and made us a decent footy side.
But it looks like his time is up. He hasn't adjusted with the game, and we've stagnated. Need fresh eyes and new voices AND definitely a new defensive structure.

We have enough talent to be top 8 right now. Bring someone in and give them a chance to reframe the club - there are a few names out there worth pursuing.
If Ricky was here, how many of our players names would he have up on a screen telling them their time is up? Quite a few, I’d suggest.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Unfortunately the way they are playing i can't see us winning another game for a long time. I hope I wake up tomorrow and find out he's been sacked..or it's done tomorrow. It's untenable with him as coach. It's now no longer making the 8, it's now avoiding the spoon. The club needs to act unless they want to add the spoon to the beautiful trophy cabinet at parra leagues
Whats more acceptable.

Not moving on BA and winning the spoon?
Or
Moving BA on and winning the spoon?

Tough decisions need to be made now to recruit or release players for next year. We need to give a new coach as much time as possible to move from a BA team to his team. Every week this decision is delayed impacts on 2025 and beyond.

Soto

Bench
Whats more acceptable.

Not moving on BA and winning the spoon?
Or
Moving BA on and winning the spoon?

Tough decisions need to be made now to recruit or release players for next year. We need to give a new coach as much time as possible to move from a BA team to his team. Every week this decision is delayed impacts on 2025 and beyond.
It's a great question. A new coach will have new ideas, a new voice, a new direction. We can all see where we badly fall over. Our bench rotation stinks, we have no leadership, we have players grossly out of form. We shit the bed after halftime. We are also very unfit. Fit teams do not get easily lapped like that twice in 5 weeks or whatever it is.
We are mentally weak and physically not up for it...this is all coaching...make no mistake. The coach has lost the dressing room..it's time to walk or be sacked

Gazzamatta

Coach
It's a great question. A new coach will have new ideas, a new voice, a new direction. We can all see where we badly fall over. Our bench rotation stinks, we have no leadership, we have players grossly out of form. We shit the bed after halftime. We are also very unfit. Fit teams do not get easily lapped like that twice in 5 weeks or whatever it is.
We are mentally weak and physically not up for it...this is all coaching...make no mistake. The coach has lost the dressing room..it's time to walk or be sacked
OR
Has BA and the players already been told and are performing in kind?
Probably unlikely such a secret could be kept by footy players.

oldmancraigy

Coach
We have a side built for the pre 6 again era.
We need mobile forwards with decent leg speed.

I think we might be surprised what a new voice can do to revitalise our pack.

We have 3 forwards and 2 backs who have played origin, plus a NZ half. Plus our spine is stacked. These guys don't forget how to play footy overnight. They have lost trust in their line, and need direction.

A new coach may well desire to change the make-up of the squad, but I imagine they would also get more out of what we have. Fresh eyes etc.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or we just can't retain our Juniors..............
Moses and Drown are both Parra juniors, and they are keeping Sanders out of first grade. Penisini is also a Parra junior and he's blocking Talagi for a centre spot next year. Or should we have kept him instead of signing Lomax?
Nah can't be that has to be the dumbest shit your sprout out.
Well you started it.
We are on 3 wins so you must be right
The number of wins means nothing in this conversation. Were you wrong when we were winning 15+ games a year? No wonder you think you've finally got a chance to start crowing. Mate, we could get the spoon and it would have nothing to do with whether we can retain juniors. We just can't promise Sanders and Talagi the number of games they can get at other clubs.

Cheer up mate. We're keeping Boooooods, who plays a position where we actually have a vacancy. It's very exciting.

Moses and Drown are both Parra juniors, and they are keeping Sanders out of first grade.
Actually, it's Asi keeping Sanders out of first grade this week. Facts are simple.
Penisini is also a Parra junior and he's blocking Talagi for a centre spot next year. Or should we have kept him instead of signing Lomax?
I think you'll find the other centre spot is open - you know, the one Blaize debuted in in Round 3?
Mate, we could get the spoon and it would have nothing to do with whether we can retain juniors.
But if someone claimed it didn't, then you'd be on here in a flash to claim it did...

JokerEel

Coach
Moses and Drown are both Parra juniors, and they are keeping Sanders out of first grade. Penisini is also a Parra junior and he's blocking Talagi for a centre spot next year. Or should we have kept him instead of signing Lomax?

Well you started it.

The number of wins means nothing in this conversation. Were you wrong when we were winning 15+ games a year? No wonder you think you've finally got a chance to start crowing. Mate, we could get the spoon and it would have nothing to do with whether we can retain juniors. We just can't promise Sanders and Talagi the number of games they can get at other clubs.

Cheer up mate. We're keeping Boooooods, who plays a position where we actually have a vacancy. It's very exciting.

So mercenaries are players that the club doesn't resign...

Talagi isn't a centre he is a fullback btw.

Or is he a centre and Lomax a fullback 🤔
We do have a wing spot open hmmmm

Doesn't matter the club did the right thing...

Btw been crowing about the dumb shit this club has done for many of years.. They can prove me wrong one day.. won't hold my breath though...

Latest posts