What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

See, this is dishonest. It turns a quantitative fact into a simplistic qualitative binary. It's like saying seatbelts don't stop you dying. Risk controls don't have to be 100% effective to do their job. If they reduce the risk they are effective.
Which part are you calling dishonest? the first or second sentence?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I did notice Bailey struggled in the first half and couldnt chase down Kennedy but managed to recover pretty well, which is surprisingly to hear he could be out. I wonder if he would still play on if the Eels were higher up on the ladder.

As for Matterson that really surprises me

eels_fan

First Grade
I did notice Bailey struggled in the first half and couldnt chase down Kennedy but managed to recover pretty well, which is surprisingly to hear he could be out. I wonder if he would still play on if the Eels were higher up on the ladder.

As for Matterson that really surprises me
according to the magic sponge podcast (NRL physio etc) Bailey partially tore his ACL way back against the Broncos and has continued playing, which they were stunned about - most players take 8-10 weeks off with a partial tear. From their understanding, it’s now fully ruptured and his season is over.

The only plus side to this is, as we did with Welch years ago, all his potential suitors will drop off and we’ll likely be able to get him re-signed decently cheaper than we would have

feel for Bailey though, he’s been terrific and to have been putting in the performances he has with that injury is commendable

TheCrowe

Juniors
according to the magic sponge podcast (NRL physio etc) Bailey partially tore his ACL way back against the Broncos and has continued playing, which they were stunned about - most players take 8-10 weeks off with a partial tear. From their understanding, it’s now fully ruptured and his season is over.

The only plus side to this is, as we did with Welch years ago, all his potential suitors will drop off and we’ll likely be able to get him re-signed decently cheaper than we would have

feel for Bailey though, he’s been terrific and to have been putting in the performances he has with that injury is commendable
So do we use one of our 3 to 4 roster spots to buy a winger or just stick Blaize on the wing or put him at centre and move Russell to wing?

Gronk

Staff member
So do we use one of our 3 to 4 roster spots to buy a winger or just stick Blaize on the wing or put him at centre and move Russell to wing?
Blaize and move Russell is better than Lume.

Cini has shown he’s not a winger.

Moh Alamadine should be elevated from Flegg to Cup, rather than using Massey players. Dunno why, but the club seem to cotton wool Ball / Flegg players. Would love to hear the (sarcasm free) philosophy behind it, if anyone knows.

You don’t go n buy a winger before June 30, if he’s going to be in the way taking up a roster spot in 2025. We have been there done that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
From the injury thread... Posted by someone/nobody

"There is a stomach bug going around that makes you shit through the eye of a needle for a week and you can lose 5-7kg's"

Lol. Battlers will keep on battling ...
Matto’s underpants were apparently being held together by sticky tape.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At the pub I just post dumb gifs. Merkins think they’re hilarious.
ha ha simpsons GIF

Gronk

Staff member
From the injury thread... Posted by someone/nobody

"There is a stomach bug going around that makes you shit through the eye of a needle for a week and you can lose 5-7kg's"

Lol. Battlers will keep on battling ...
Now do the merkins who were implying that he’s a weak gutted dog.

IMG_1752.jpeg

Glenneel

Bench
Ah noooooo players don't just wake up and are defensive dynamos ya Merkin..

It also brings me back to the fact that the club never got their defence better over the years had plenty of time to either coach them into being better at defending or get the right guys in.

You will notice how the dogs are priding themselves on their defence even though most of the players are plod.. It's because it's how they have been coached..
Same with Warriors and Webster. He took them from near last to near best last year. Don't think he taught players to defend, but you never know, but put systems in place that helped team as a whole. BA never had a (decent) system and we're plod out wide and have been for years.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Matto should retire.

If he is worried about playing atm with the headaches he is getting i don't think its going to get any better considering his history with concussion and best to look out for his long term health.

The head knock the NRL physio put out on twitter there this morning where this incident has happened there wasn't too much force in the contact with Blaize Talagi

He will get a concussion medical retirement payout off the cap like Boyd Cordner & Jake Friend got which would be mutually beneficial for everyone as the NRL will approve it straight away. They dont need it dragged through the courts at a later date.

And we will get cap relief with Matto off the books.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts