What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't think our attitude towards defence got better under BA.

You have the best defenders due to them being good at defending... That's on the coaching and holding the players accountable..

Players don't just wake up and get good at defending ffs
No it's part of who they are. Defence is the main thing that stops talented youngsters becoming first graders, so the best defenders are identified during junior recruitment/retention.

Legal Eel

Juniors
No it's part of who they are. Defence is the main thing that stops talented youngsters becoming first graders, so the best defenders are identified during junior recruitment/retention.
They actually aren’t in our district and that is the problem - I know this from experience.

the good defenders are cast aside for slightly bigger and faster kids, as our development coaches have actually said to me defence can be taught and size and speed obviously can’t

the problem is that the defence doesn’t develop and people come into first grade with deficiencies - and it’s been happening that way for thirty years

JokerEel

Coach

Ah noooooo players don't just wake up and are defensive dynamos ya Merkin..

It also brings me back to the fact that the club never got their defence better over the years had plenty of time to either coach them into being better at defending or get the right guys in.

You will notice how the dogs are priding themselves on their defence even though most of the players are plod.. It's because it's how they have been coached..

JokerEel

Coach
They actually aren’t in our district and that is the problem - I know this from experience.

the good defenders are cast aside for slightly bigger and faster kids, as our development coaches have actually said to me defence can be taught and size and speed obviously can’t

the problem is that the defence doesn’t develop and people come into first grade with deficiencies - and it’s been happening that way for thirty years

Well the Merkin Pou may be right ffs!

Get him into our system!!

Zoso

Juniors
The one factor that should have gotten BA sacked would be the teams defence over the years.

Everyone goes on about defence is attitude our defence has maybe once been in the top 4 in those years BA was in charge.
It is endlessly frustrating to me that we haven’t been good defensively for a long time.
You can’t make highlight reels out of strong defense in the way you can with flashy tries but it’s infinitely more satisfying having strong defensive side. From what I remember….

JokerEel

Coach
It is endlessly frustrating to me that we haven’t been good defensively for a long time.
You can’t make highlight reels out of strong defense in the way you can with flashy tries but it’s infinitely more satisfying having strong defensive side. From what I remember….

You listen to any good commentator.

Like Joel Cain he said in 2022 that we would not win as we didn't have the top 4 defence.

Every year to win the competition you need to be conceding less than 16-17 points per game.

These are all lies

you are a malicious troll who has no love for the eels nor do you care about rugby league - you are just here to troll parra fans with disingenuous rubbish….and there are a dozen people on here who can’t see it or just go along with it because it suits their own agendas
For a bloke who has no love of the Eels and no care about rugby league, he certainly puts a lot of time into commentating on it. I call your statement on that disingenuous rubbish.
Just because a dozen or so people don't agree with you, that doesn't make them blind nor does it make them agenda driven.

Win rate for players with so few games is a meaningless sample. Surely I've droned on about sample size enough times. Neither Lussick nor Hands have played enough games for their win rates to be relevant. Far more relevant is how few NRL games they've played for their age.
That was more recent example. Seff and Hodgson on the other hand spring to mind as would a few others if I though hard enough about it.
T

I'm not a leftie but I work in risk management, and I thought it was obvious the benefits of the vaccine far outweighed the risks. The virus was also "highly experimental" and "very dangerous" but vaccine-hesitant merkins were happy to catch it and spread it to others without full understanding of the consequences.
It was highly experimental but I doubt we would agree as to what that experiment was.
Anyone could catch it and spread it to anyone, jab or no jab. It was a personal decision for all and no one should have felt pressured to do so or made to feel like a second class citizen for choosing not to.

Latest posts