What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
Yes submit in the tackle, land on your stomach and play the ball as quick as possible. You don't have to play the ball if you don't get tackled FFS

Other back 5s Struggle in the tackles and keeps thrir legs pumping. Ours have been coaches to chase the collision and try and submit

parra pete

Referee
Who ever is in charge of recruitment at Canberra Raiders has been well taught by the master himself, Peter Mulholland (RIP Skull).
The Raiders have quietly been signing quality young players - players from the 2023 NSW Under 19 squad..and add them to the smart players like Xavier Savage, Matt Timoko, Corey Horsborough, Keon Weekes, Ethan Strange, and Chevvy Stewart they are going to be top side, with plenty of salary cap left, over the next decade.
Smart and astute recruitment. Hope they don't go after the boys we had on show in the recent Under 19 SOO match. You can bet some of the Queenslanders will be in their sights as well. The match was a 'smorgasbord' of talent.

JokerEel

Coach
Who ever is in charge of recruitment at Canberra Raiders has been well taught by the master himself, Peter Mulholland (RIP Skull).
The Raiders have quietly been signing quality young players - players from the 2023 NSW Under 19 squad..and add them to the smart players like Xavier Savage, Matt Timoko, Corey Horsborough, Keon Weekes, Ethan Strange, and Chevvy Stewart they are going to be top side, with plenty of salary cap left, over the next decade.
Smart and astute recruitment. Hope they don't go after the boys we had on show in the recent Under 19 SOO match. You can bet some of the Queenslanders will be in their sights as well. The match was a 'smorgasbord' of talent.

Merkins have from the 2023 under 19s side!

Chevy Stewart
Savelio Tamale
Ethan Strange
Ethan Sanders
Myles Martin

They go shopping this year in the forwards they will be doing incredibly well

Must be a rich club that Raiders...................

Gronk

Staff member

Chevy Stewart
Savelio Tamale
Ethan Strange
Ethan Sanders
Myles Martin

I was thinking about this as these kids would not be cheap. Are they all Top 30 or are they second tier or development ?

If the latter, then how does he fit them into a tiny cap ? :eek:

King-Gutho94

Coach
I was thinking about this as these kids would not be cheap. Are they all Top 30 or are they second tier or development ?

Outside of Tapine is there anyone in that squad you consider rep quality that would be on big money.

Fogarty probably on 400-500k.

They lost wighton to souths who was on big coin.

Papali'i & Whitehead are probably on a lesser salary these days with there pensioner age.

There outside backs wouldn't be on much.

Ethan Strange has just come in will command big dollars in a few years probably still on unders.

Hudson Young may be on a fair bit but not 800-900k

JokerEel

Coach

They are all on about 300k each at the moment I would assume.

All will be starting NRL players next season.

Alot cheaper than our starting 1/3/6/7/13

Gronk

Staff member
They are all on about 300k each at the moment I would assume.

All will be starting NRL players next season.

Alot cheaper than our starting 1/3/6/7/13

Fair enough. I guess he is opting for youth over experience.

Some will argue that youth offers too much ebbs and flows in form. Great players find consistency at age 25+.

Hey, Ricky might be right . Or not.

We don't seem to have any plan. If we did, we'd actually have a top 30. Hopefully the new guy does.

1718930387074.png

JokerEel

Coach
Fair enough. I guess he is opting for youth over experience.

Some will argue that youth offers too much ebbs and flows in form. Great players find consistency at age 25+.

Hey, Ricky might be right . Or not.

We don't seem to have any plan. If we did, we'd actually have a top 30. Hopefully the new guy does.

View attachment 89923

I assume Ricky is looking at 2026-2027 as the years the team is going to be strong.

Its good to see teams with a vision......................................

Legal Eel

Juniors

Chevy Stewart
Savelio Tamale
Ethan Strange
Ethan Sanders
Myles Martin

Its about resources mate.

Don't you know we can't compete with the likes of the Raiders for "resources".

Do you know what their recruitment staff cost compared to ours? I don't either but luckily for us Pou does....and he has helpfully told us that they pay their staff much more than a poor tinpot club like us ever could!

We are a poor shitbag of a club - just accept Pou's wisdom and resign yourself to mediocrity...it works for Pou, he is so happy that he is on here arguing with himself half of every night!

Either that or go the Gronk route and tell yourself that the club has done a stellar job and the players and coaches we haven't recruited wouldn't have been good at our club anyway!

TheRam

Coach
I’m on fence with it. Head says yes premierships are won with defence so we need to rejig squad to fix up defence, but my heart says f**k that let’s play all out attack and be exciting. No reason why that can’t win a premiership.

Watch the Bulldogs model, relentless defence and once the get that young number 7 up into the NRL then exciting attack with speed to burn out wide.

Premiership or two in the bag and Bulldog fans will be deliriously happy watching them display an impregnatable wall in defence and burning through opposition defences with ball in hand on the way to those Trophies. while we are still trying to work out who our next coach is gunna be after the one we appoint in the next week or so with a playing roster that will still be out of balance.

JokerEel

Coach
Also Noah Martin from last night's game. 2nd rower with Billy Ray Cyrus hair.

And Mooney and Asomua from 2022.

Yeah add him to the list and they are going in stacked! Must be the new Roosters FFS!

If they can jag one or 2 of the below that would be a pretty good squad in a few seasons..

Loko Pasifiki Tonga (St George Dragons)
Jacob Halangahu (St George Dragons)
Kaiden Lahrs (North Queensland Cowboys)
Sam Tuivaiti (Parramatta Eels)