What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Watch the Bulldogs model, relentless defence and once the get that young number 7 up into the NRL then exciting attack with speed to burn out wide.

Premiership or two in the bag and Bulldog fans will be deliriously happy watching them display an impregnatable wall in defence and burning through opposition defences with ball in hand on the way to those Trophies. while we are still trying to work out who our next coach is gunna be after the one we appoint in the next week or so with a playing roster that will still be out of balance.

Nah who needs defence......................................

Finishing just inside the top 8 for the next 10 years is the game plan ffs!

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah add him to the list and they are going in stacked! Must be the new Roosters FFS!

If they can jag one or 2 of the below that would be a pretty good squad in a few seasons..

Loko Pasifiki Tonga (St George Dragons)
Jacob Halangahu (St George Dragons)
Kaiden Lahrs (North Queensland Cowboys)
Sam Tuivaiti (Parramatta Eels)
At least we have Sam signed for 2025 (although he is off contract in 5 months).

hindy111

Post Whore
Watch the Bulldogs model, relentless defence and once the get that young number 7 up into the NRL then exciting attack with speed to burn out wide.

Premiership or two in the bag and Bulldog fans will be deliriously happy watching them display an impregnatable wall in defence and burning through opposition defences with ball in hand on the way to those Trophies. while we are still trying to work out who our next coach is gunna be after the one we appoint in the next week or so with a playing roster that will still be out of balance.

Back in 2022 I said they are closer to a premiership then us. And they are. Some wanted to argue. But unless Penrith lost Cleary and played with 12men for 7pmins of the grand final we never where winning a title that year.
Maybe in another 11yrs

TheRam

Coach
No we have pretty good juniors. Better than most clubs.

Just not better than all of them.

Of course we have. The problem isn't our juniors ffs!

It's identifying the best of the best consistently well and then putting the quality coaching into them so they develop correctly and then finally creating the atmosphere and environment of professionalism and success that makes it very difficult for a quality and sought after junior to want to leave or hold our club to ransom as soon as they start to show NRL readiness.

All three of these aspects we have been very weak in for over a decade now and it show in particular in the current weakness of our roster and the lack of new quality blood coming through in both the forwards and the backs.

TheRam

Coach
Agreed.

I actually got my current role after one Teams meeting.

Didn't meet my new employer in person before getting hired - they liked my resume, liked my personality, and believed it would be a cultural fit, did my reference checks, and offered me the role.

No reason why he can't be interviewed online.

Yeah Only Fans is pretty cool that way. Less messy and because there's no physical contact so to speak you can brush off the gay connotations and sleep easier at night.

Cha-Ching!

Pazza

First Grade
Who ever is in charge of recruitment at Canberra Raiders has been well taught by the master himself, Peter Mulholland (RIP Skull).
The Raiders have quietly been signing quality young players - players from the 2023 NSW Under 19 squad..and add them to the smart players like Xavier Savage, Matt Timoko, Corey Horsborough, Keon Weekes, Ethan Strange, and Chevvy Stewart they are going to be top side, with plenty of salary cap left, over the next decade.
Smart and astute recruitment. Hope they don't go after the boys we had on show in the recent Under 19 SOO match. You can bet some of the Queenslanders will be in their sights as well. The match was a 'smorgasbord' of talent.

Sounds expensive

Eelementary

Post Whore
There seems to be a lot of our players on the shit list when we are not winning.

I would suggest that adopting a Chainsaw Dunlap approach to our squad might be foolish. Actually having 30 players in our Top 30 and having decent depth in backs will go a long way towards stopping those tries.

IF moving Jnr on allows us to sign a mid tier prop and a decent back, then I’m all for it. However IIRC we are also seeking to chop Matto and Lane and a bunch of others. Be careful you don’t end up to be the West Tigers here and be continually trying to rebuild.

Counterpoint - he's fat, useless, and lazy.

84 Baby

Referee

But it’s boring! Imagine being the only team to win it conceding the most points in comp! That’d be some movie level shit! Plus exciting week in week out

Eelementary

Post Whore
There seems to be a lot of our players on the shit list when we are not winning.

I would suggest that adopting a Chainsaw Dunlap approach to our squad might be foolish. Actually having 30 players in our Top 30 and having decent depth in backs will go a long way towards stopping those tries.

IF moving Jnr on allows us to sign a mid tier prop and a decent back, then I’m all for it. However IIRC we are also seeking to chop Matto and Lane and a bunch of others. Be careful you don’t end up to be the West Tigers here and be continually trying to rebuild.

My previous response was humourous.

Now, I will make my for realsies response.

We all know what Junior offers. When he is on song, he is devastating.

However, his biggest limitation, is that he is only valuable to the team when we have all the ball.

As soon as we have to defend for extended periods, he becomes a liability.

And given that he is in the leadership group, and is on close to $1 million a season, I'm not sure we are getting much value out of him.

It would serve him well to shed 15kg, or so, focus on his fitness, and lateral mobility, and try to reinvigorate his career that way.

But as it stands, I don't think he adds much value to our team.

Same for Lane - handy when we have all the ball, but when we have to defend for long periods of time, he gets fatigued, and makes poor plays.

Out of that lot, the only player worth keeping is Matto - he is on the nose with many people, but he is a fine player.

yy_cheng

Coach

84 Baby

Referee
46481772-1cae-4c79-95cc-f5e219605662_text.gif

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think he’s only really one of those things. If he were on half his salary then as an impact prop, he’d be phenomenal. There’s no other prop in comp like him. But right now we need him to be more Fui and less Darcy Lussick

At least Lussick ripped in in defence.

Latest posts