What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
Let's be honest.
I always am.

The race for the spoon could come down to the last round. Us and you. This is where our season is at.
Its a tantalising prospect that Im sure all Rugba Loig lovers are licking their lips over.......but whilst we are being honest, Parra are not going to get the spoon.....if I had to bet my house which I gave to my ex wife, Id put the money on the Tigers for the spoon despite our recent wins. Squad full of kids, average age below 23.

Tigers are showing signs but. J.Luai was awesome in origin. Tigers potentially will have a top 5 spine next season.
you guys wont get the spoon, but you are at the bottom and about to enter a rebuild. After cleaning out our front office, appointing Richo, recent signings, recent kids debuting etc, I am very confident we are 3-4 years ahead of Parra in the rebuilding phase. i dont say that with any bravado or puffed chest, it will take us a year or two just to get to your current standard, but our trajectories are in opposite directions. Again I take no joy in saying that (maybe a little), Ive been there for a long time but I recognise where you guys are.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I always am.

Its a tantalising prospect that Im sure all Rugba Loig lovers are licking their lips over.......but whilst we are being honest, Parra are not going to get the spoon.....if I had to bet my house which I gave to my ex wife, Id put the money on the Tigers for the spoon despite our recent wins. Squad full of kids, average age below 23.

you guys wont get the spoon, but you are at the bottom and about to enter a rebuild. After cleaning out our front office, appointing Richo, recent signings, recent kids debuting etc, I am very confident we are 3-4 years ahead of Parra in the rebuilding phase. i dont say that with any bravado or puffed chest, it will take us a year or two just to get to your current standard, but our trajectories are in opposite directions. Again I take no joy in saying that (maybe a little), Ive been there for a long time but I recognise where you guys are.
This 3-4 year stuff is bullshit if you’ve been funding your pathways consistently. We lost a couple of years of funding due to Covid but we are back on point. Paying overs to get talented teenagers into your top 30 is not the same as funding pathways. It is the opposite.

Tiger5150

Bench
This 3-4 year stuff is bullshit if you’ve been funding your pathways consistently. We lost a couple of years of funding due to Covid but we are back on point. Paying overs to get talented teenagers into your top 30 is not the same as funding pathways. It is the opposite.
Literally didnt mention pathways once, I said rebuilding.
You guys are last, 2/3 of the way through the season. You are not going in a positive direction. In what positions from CEO to position 30 on the roster.....where are the changes and improvements? Lomax obviously....and? Moses will be 31 next year.

Last edited:

Wally21

Bench
Does anyone honestly believe we will be challenging for a premiership in the next 5 years? Seeing Moses play the way he did was both exciting and depressing.
I’ve not been this pessimistic about our chances since the Kearney days, regardless of who is the last man standing out of an average list of potential coaches.
It’s going to be an extremely long and lean way back to anywhere near the top 4 for us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Literally didnt mention pathways once, I said rebuilding.
In the context of rebuilding, your quoted 3-4 year timeframe refers to pathways. ‘Rebuilding’ a top thirty can happen in the space of a year or two. It just needs contracts to expire, both to create space in your roster, and for recruitment targets to become available. In the case of Lomax we didn’t even need his contract to expire. His new coach was off him and happy to let him go at the end of the year. It’s a definite concern. Is he the new Moses/Matterson? But there’s nothing pointing to a five year rebuild. Last time we won the spoon we went on to make the finals in four straight seasons. The ‘rebuild’ took a season because our pathways were strong.
You guys are last, 2/3 of the way through the season. You are not going in a positive direction. In what positions from CEO to position 30 on the roster.....where are the changes and improvements? Lomax obviously....and? Moses will be 31 next year.
Moses is five years younger than Origin halfback DCE, and at his peak. This possibly won’t even be his last contract.

The average age of next year’s squad will be 27.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I always am.

The Eels won't win another game in 2024, mate.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Does anyone honestly believe we will be challenging for a premiership in the next 5 years? Seeing Moses play the way he did was both exciting and depressing.
I’ve not been this pessimistic about our chances since the Kearney days, regardless of who is the last man standing out of an average list of potential coaches.
It’s going to be an extremely long and lean way back to anywhere near the top 4 for us.
Yep.....we will be pushing back towards the top in the next 1-2 years again.....this year aren't pretty, but it's never as bad as it seems.....

84 Baby

Referee
Yep.....we will be pushing back towards the top in the next 1-2 years again.....this year aren't pretty, but it's never as bad as it seems.....
I don’t know if I’ve Mandelaed it but I swear there’s a scene in the 2005 Bad News Bears where one of the kids says they didn’t lose the game as badly, to which one of the other kids says “Great, we’ve gone from shit to stink” and Buttermaker says
1719532555825.gif