What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To be fair Jake was starting 7 for Blacktown until he was injured. Humphreys had been playing 9 and they have now let him go to Souths.

I wish Jake all the best, absolutely terrific kid. Not his fault his old man picked him way before he was ready…..His brother can get f*cked though.
Agreed but Jake can get f**ked too. He chose to leave.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm surprised people have an issue with Matt Arthur.

Surely this was ever going to be the only outcome once we punted his father.

You can't have your cake and eat it to.

The reality is at his stage of development means he's not ready to be a credible option as the first choice 9 this year, won't be a credible option to be the first choice next year, and very unlikely he'll even be ready the year after that. And this is a position we not a capable player right now...

It's a good time to cut our losses and just move on.
He’s definitely good enough to be a backup already, just like Hands and Lussick. The difference is Arthur’s age means he is a very good chance of becoming a genuine first grader.

Chipmunk

Coach
He’s definitely good enough to be a backup already, just like Hands and Lussick. The difference is Arthur’s age means he is a very good chance of becoming a genuine first grader.
We.dont need another back up 9 though. We have 2 others already.

It's irrelevant if he becomes a genuine first grader or even an immortal. You can't have your cake and eat it to. We punted his father then we had to be prepared for this outcome.

lucablight

First Grade
I think so. They have massive resources. He chewed up their last premiership window ands then let others deal with the lean years following it. Now he’s back in time for the next window.
What indication is there that they’re in any kind of window? They’ve been up for a long time now (like us) and their players are getting old like ours.