What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
MA could be a very good dummy half of he goes to a successful club and develops rumours he is going to Newcastle because of family shows he doesn't have the mentality to knuckle down and make it on his own ...

BA basically f**ked up both his kids careers.
Their careers are doing fine. The oldest is still 21 and got an NRL contract until he turns 23. The youngest has played first grade while still eligible for SG Ball. If neither of them make it it’s not because of how their dad treated them. It’s because they lack talent or the right attitude.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In a professional environment they shouldn't have been allowed. It's not bring your kids to work day FFS.
Management should've been awake to that. Imagine there was a serious injury to one of them because they shouldn't have been anywhere near the 1st graders training.
Thick as 2 fkn planks
Family club bro. That’s the vibe they’re going for.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Also Lane played like the 2nd coming of Paul Sironen that year.

I'm sure it also didn't hurt that Papalii was the turd that had been polished up beautifully, and 16 of our top 30 played 20+ games. It was a total gift of a year on the injury front, and the draw did us a few favours too (including opposition players out).

To be fair, I truly do think luck was our strongest ally in 2022.
We came back looking disinterested in the early parts of 2023, and the fitness was goooorne in 2024

(Brad is a solid coach, and it was the scenario of just about everything going right for us in 2022. It possibly broke him? He fell off a cliff and all his fresh ideas were crud).
I think we were definitely lucky in 2022. The team was better in 2020 and 2021 but didn’t have the same luck. The 2020 side especially was crippled with injury and suspension in the finals.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think BA actually had them overachieving in those 3 years but it was stealing from the future
I think there’s definitely an element of this. Most of our big name forwards were signed in the off season after 2021. Imagine if we had started our rebuild then and told a bunch of 27-28 year olds it was time to move on. We had to keep the band together. At other clubs the likes of Mahoney and Papali’i wouldn’t have decided to chase the money. It probably didn’t help that the Dolphins started recruiting at that time.

Latest posts