What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Just been told the Gould on his podcast said that Gutho won’t be at the Eels in 2025. Stated they need to move him in as they have a specific player they want the money for. Personally don’t think someone with a position like his at the Dogs should actually be allowed to comment on other teams, he’s not a likeable commentator.
100% (depending on how he said it).
I said it once, I’ll say it again, the Lakers were fined $50000 when then president Magic Johnson publicly said Antetokounmpo is one of the best players. It was very harsh but warranted, it has potential to tamper with negotiations.
Its lunacy the NRL ignore it.

JokerEel

Coach
I know nothing but just have a gut feel (which has a 50% strike rate) that Gutherson will now exit the club and sign a 2 to 3 year deal at another club especially if we take the captaincy off him.

I hope I’m wrong. Sad way to exit. He deserves better.

Wayne Bennett got rid of the 👑 King when he joined the Broncos maybe Ryles is going to do the same thing.

Angry_eel

First Grade
100% (depending on how he said it).
I said it once, I’ll say it again, the Lakers were fined $50000 when then president Magic Johnson publicly said Antetokounmpo is one of the best players. It was very harsh but warranted, it has potential to tamper with negotiations.
Its lunacy the NRL ignore it.
This is the shit which almost makes me want to give the game away. How can NRL allow this? Massive conflict of interest.

You're not a media person anymore, Gould!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just been told the Gould on his podcast said that Gutho won’t be at the Eels in 2025. Stated they need to move him in as they have a specific player they want the money for. Personally don’t think someone with a position like his at the Dogs should actually be allowed to comment on other teams, he’s not a likeable commentator.
He’s not likeable, and pushes his agenda a lot with bullshit. But there is nobody in the media as insightful as him.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Ryles and Gus are mates/chat. Gus wouIdnt throw Ryles under the bus with those comments, as it's Ryles making the decisions...so there has to be some truth to it

Update - anyhow Gus said he wouId be shocked if the eels let him go. Said, he didnt say it's true that Gutho wouldn't be there. Said he was leader and for any new coach he would be the first player he wouId chat with regarding performance. Mentioned there is one club pushing to get Gutho. So it wasn't exactly, Gutho won't be there! More taking a 50/50 bet.....like some do here...

Last edited:

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
You should listen what he actually said was there was ‘scuttle’ about other clubs being interested ( didn’t name them ) and / or the club and / or him considering moving on. It was very vague and nothing much to get to worried about.

Your point him abusing his position and a conflict is 100% spot in though

The Predictor

Juniors
So here is the Parramatta Hall of Fame

Whose next is it Jarryd like seriously who else since Cayless & Hindmarsh would be deserving of being honoured to this group of Players.

Fui Fui Moi Moi could be a possibility did he do enough to be elevated into the Hall of Fame.

Otherwise you would have to move to this generation of players like Gutho.

Semi Radardra did he make a long enough impact to make the cut ????

Champion of Parramatta:

Michael Cronin OAM (elevated 2014)

Eels Hall of Fame Legends:

Ken Thornett (inducted 2002)
Neville Glover OAM (inducted 2002)
Michael Cronin OAM (inducted 2002)
Steve Ella (inducted 2002)
Eric Grothe (inducted 2002)
Brett Kenny (inducted 2002)
Peter Sterling OAM (inducted 2002)
Ray Price OAM (inducted 2002)
Peter Wynn (inducted 2002)