What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
I was thinking of you earlier...

View attachment 94570
Try not to think of me, its creepy. I never think of you.

Its a cute funny graphic, it leaves out a couple of critical things.......
"Wests Tigers" didnt come last in Harold Matthews, Wests Magpies finished top of the ladder and runners up in GF.
"Wests Tigers" didnt come last in SG Ball, Wests Magpies finished 8th.
The NRL team had 7 players in first grade eligible for Jersey Flegg, 3 of them eligible to play SG Ball. Put Galvin, Latu, mason etc in NSW Cup/Flegg?Ball and they win.

Cute graphic but bullshit.

Pazza

First Grade
Gutho is wasted in any position except fullback.
But we have to find a place for him somewhere. He's too good a player and too much of a leader to leave out completely.
I think having him on the bench isn't such a bad idea. He can come on and play wherever the f**k we need him to and he will put in 100% effort as he always does. Good injury cover for a lot of positions, and a decent offensive and defensive spark to lead the way for the rest of the team.

It will be interest ing to see how it will all work.

Hopefully it works.

Given how much injury and suspension there will be during the season, gutho will get plenty opportunity to play a whole bunch of minutes in a whole bunch of positions.

Not to mention how valuable a player who can play every position in the backline, the halves and if he gets his body and technique right, even a bit of time in the back row. We need to build more redundancy into the side when an injury happens. Having moses and lomax as kickers is a great start. We need a back rower who can shift out to centre and defend at an nrl competent level.

Its a cute funny graphic, it leaves out a couple of critical things.......
"Wests Tigers" didnt come last in Harold Matthews, Wests Magpies finished top of the ladder and runners up in GF.
But Balmain Tigers did finish last
"Wests Tigers" didnt come last in SG Ball, Wests Magpies finished 8th.
But the Balmain Tigers did finish last
The NRL team had 7 players in first grade eligible for Jersey Flegg, 3 of them eligible to play SG Ball. Put Galvin, Latu, mason etc in NSW Cup/Flegg?Ball and they win.

Cute graphic but bullshit.
The Wests Magpies did finish last in NSWCup, Parramatta had players in NRL that were cup standard should have been playing there and still finished above last.

Equal last on Wins in Harvey Norman Womens Premiership. Yet Parramatta played their first season in the competition and got more wins.

But you JV Flegg team went Ok but like ours didn't make the playoffs.

Tiger5150

Bench
But Balmain Tigers did finish last

But the Balmain Tigers did finish last
WT have two squads in each junior grade. It is actually a massive advantage. WT always prioritise one squad so Magpies and Balmain are always effectively a "A" squad and a "B" squad. These squads solidify in Matthews an Flegg where we are usually strong (Magpies) which is why we now have 7 <20yo's in first grade most of them came from our Matts two years ago. Our current Matts team were top of the table.

This is what a development club actually looks like.

T.S Quint

Coach
Given how much injury and suspension there will be during the season, gutho will get plenty opportunity to play a whole bunch of minutes in a whole bunch of positions.

Not to mention how valuable a player who can play every position in the backline, the halves and if he gets his body and technique right, even a bit of time in the back row. We need to build more redundancy into the side when an injury happens. Having moses and lomax as kickers is a great start. We need a back rower who can shift out to centre and defend at an nrl competent level.

Some more help in the back row would be very valuable.
I feel that we are a bit thin there at the moment. Hopefully Lane can re-find form again but that seems unlikely. Cartwright is terrible in defence and I don't think his attack is good enough to make up for it. Doorey hasn't come along as well as hoped. Who knows what's happening with Mataele.
Matterson can still do well, but I think he seems to do better in the middle and we have Hopgood there already. Maybe he has to move between the edge and middle again.

Pazza

First Grade
Some more help in the back row would be very valuable.
I feel that we are a bit thin there at the moment. Hopefully Lane can re-find form again but that seems unlikely. Cartwright is terrible in defence and I don't think his attack is good enough to make up for it. Doorey hasn't come along as well as hoped. Who knows what's happening with Mataele.
Matterson can still do well, but I think he seems to do better in the middle and we have Hopgood there already. Maybe he has to move between the edge and middle again.

Unless someone is coming from the clouds like a Brazel or playing guymer out there. We're going to have to recruit someone

Latest posts