What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They can have all the resources in the world.

When muppets are in charge and letting the old boys try to run the club look what happens.

It's embarrassing for a club like Broncos to have an 18 year premiership drought.

I put it on Par with our drought considering the advantages they have across the board from finances, draw fixtures, nursery.
For good or ill, club associates are part of the sum of a club’s resourcing.

Tiger5150

Bench
I hope lightning strikes again for you mate but the last three years are a better gauge of what I’m talking about. Basically 72 games is a bigger sample.
Mate you havent a clue what you are talking about. 3 years ago we had Madge coaching and one of the older rosters in the comp. 2024 is the first year we have filled the squad with kids. 2005 they were all in the second or third year.

Ill stop stinking the thread up with Tigers but Ive never seen anyone able to argue against the bleeding obvious like this. Confirmed troll.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I don't buy into the “Kevvie can’t coach” talk. He was 15 mins away from beating the greatest NRL side ever. He's got a team of f**kin prima donnas around him that he's taken from last place and player power has killed him off. I'm not saying he's the next Jack Gibson but he's been assassinated here I reckon.

Absolutely delicious. The Broncos have been so poorly run. The Frank Ponissi’s of the North for 20 years. Get it in my veins. Here’s hoping they butcher the next decision.

Delboy

First Grade
Mate you havent a clue what you are talking about. 3 years ago we had Madge coaching and one of the older rosters in the comp. 2024 is the first year we have filled the squad with kids. 2005 they were all in the second or third year.

Ill stop stinking the thread up with Tigers but Ive never seen anyone able to argue against the bleeding obvious like this. Confirmed troll.
So being such a development club with juniors falling over each other, your 2 best juniors were Large and Makasini. Large has just signed a long term deal with Manly and I think you will find Makasini is looking to move on.

can’t stop the predators, but “”development” clubs have issues to overcome and the Tigpies just found that out.

Tiger5150

Bench
So being such a development club with juniors falling over each other, your 2 best juniors were Large and Makasini. Large has just signed a long term deal with Manly and I think you will find Makasini is looking to move on.
1000%. Large leaving is a massive loss that Im sure will bite us. Im hoping that it means that Galvin has been extended. If so, like the issue you have with Sanders, Large has Luai, Galvin and potentially Latu in front of him. Two of the guys in front of him are 20yo so there is a long term blockage.

By the way Lachlan Galvin is our "best" junior by a long stretch. Large and Makasini both have a stack of potential but untested against men. Makasini is the one we need to kick on. Regardless we ahve 15 of our top 30 22yo or younger next year so there is no shortage of kids. keeping the right ones is the issue.

can’t stop the predators, but “”development” clubs have issues to overcome and the Tigpies just found that out.
I dont think its news to the Tigers or any development Club. Penriths top try scorer for the last 5 years have been Crichton, Burton, T May, To'o and Turuva....all juniors and all but one gone. What is the alternative? you just keep developing and churn through to replace.

I find it ironic that the two points that Pou has made over the last three pages are that "you cant compete with the resources of the big guys".....and junior development is pointless. Only wilfull blindness can explain the cognitive dissonance.

Last edited:

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
They wouldn’t have sacked him without a replacement lined up (they ain’t Parra…)

my guess is JD or Maguire

Hope Barrett hadn’t started moving, as he just lost his job
They’ve been poorly run for 20 years. Broncs fans are seething up here. I’d be astounded if they have someone waiting in the wings.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I find it ironic that the two points that Pou has made over the last three pages are that "you cant compete with the resources of the big guys".....and junior development is pointless. Only wilfull blindness can explain the cognitive dissonance.
When did I say it was pointless? My advice to you was to be prepared to lose them before they become the players you need them to be. You’ll still be counting your chickens when they’re wearing Roosters jerseys.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't buy into the “Kevvie can’t coach” talk. He was 15 mins away from beating the greatest NRL side ever. He's got a team of f**kin prima donnas around him that he's taken from last place and player power has killed him off. I'm not saying he's the next Jack Gibson but he's been assassinated here I reckon.

Absolutely delicious. The Broncos have been so poorly run. The Frank Ponissi’s of the North for 20 years. Get it in my veins. Here’s hoping they butcher the next decision.

If it wasn't for Jeff Robson 2 he has one

Stevie

Bench
Coach killer.

Sign Barrett. Sack head coach. Barrett acts as caretaker until new coach starts.
Assuming Barrett signed a 2 year deal or something. If the new coach doesn’t want him he probably just gets a negotiated pay out.
Pretty rough in Barrett if anything else. And no new coach can claim he wants to start fresh as he hasn’t got anything to do with the old regime.

The Colonel

Immortal
Assuming Barrett signed a 2 year deal or something. If the new coach doesn’t want him he probably just gets a negotiated pay out.
Pretty rough in Barrett if anything else. And no new coach can claim he wants to start fresh as he hasn’t got anything to do with the old regime.

If you were the new coach arriving and saw Barrett you would be second guessing your decision....

Gronk

Staff member
On Gutherson for mine he is the perfect 14.
He covers the spine and centre. And you use him in a Connor Watson style role if no injuries.
Everyone can see his worth as a utility. Untested as a middle defender. Maybe missing his leadership whilst his butt is warming the seat too.

84 Baby

Referee
Mate Im aware of that, Pous point was that Tigers bought them from Manly and there are no inherent benefit in developing your own juniors.

Blacktown is 9km from Kellyville.
Balcktown is 30km from Penrith
Blacktown is 50km from Narrabeen
Blacktown is 25km to Concord.
Big part of reason for move to Kellyville

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

King-Gutho94

Coach
So it looks like the club pulled the right rein and sacked the bald fraud early and wrapped up Ryles nice and early. Besides Hannay the pickings look very slim.
Not much out there.

They could go back to Hook Griffin haha.

What's he doing these days

Webcke almost blew a heart valve on radio this morning when the NSW Coach Madge was suggested as a replacement.

I just cant see Madge being able to do his job up there when the white-anting from the Old boys like Tallis will be there from day 1 wanting him to fail like it was for Seibold.

He may be the right man for the job but i suspect the Broncos need a bit of QLD DNA coaching them.

Otherwise i found it hard for them to be successful.

Latest posts