What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
He’s obviously performed well enough in Ball and Flegg. But he isn’t 18 until next year. How is this contract even enforceable?
Pretend it was Parra doing the same thing and someone asked you that very same question.... and then think of the BS reasoning and justification you'd respond with and you will have your answer to the question you've just asked Tiger5150.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pretend it was Parra doing the same thing and someone asked you that very same question.... and then think of the BS reasoning and justification you'd respond with and you will have your answer to the question you've just asked Tiger5150.....
I don’t think it would be enforceable if a child signed a contract with Parramatta either. I’m not criticising the Tigers here, I’m pointing out a potential risk with this contract. I’m sure the Tigers are aware of it, but are their fans?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know you are being patronising and sarcastic as ever with your imagined superiority - but I have acted on contracts engaging 17-year-old rugby league players and they ARE signed by their legal guardians.
No doubt a similar legal principle to how 17 year olds can join the ADF. However it’s also much easier for them to back out of the ADF before they turn 18.

hindy111

Post Whore

Listen merkin. He is a master analysis and digs deeper then most minds. Thing of him like Guatama Budhha of rugby league

oldmancraigy

Coach
Don't forget the Tigers are in a very different position to other clubs. You got a good young kid coming through, as the Tigers, you're going to have to pay more to keep them

You also HAVE to spend most of the money the NRL gives you. So rather than pay journeymen, fill up the end of top30 with kids and see if they have anything. Essentially you need to find a core group to build around - once you find them, time to be smarter with the cap

For mine I would always be giving out a handful of 3 year deals at least somewhat similar to what the Tigers are offering this kid, going from dev through to top 30 by the end of it

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Latest posts