What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
If Gutho isn't around in 2025, on top of the loss of RCG, I think anything higher than 12th position next year is a positive. I'm not expecting massive improvements next year, I think he needs 2025 to wash away the stench that has developed around the joint. Moving on Gutho, RCG and maybe Sivo and then Lane for 2026 should free up a heap of space to bring in some genuine talent and new blood for a decent crack in 2026 and 2027. I think JR should get at least until the end of 2027. Unless we finish stone motherless in 2025, 2026 and are still there halfway through 2027 - then it'll be time to reassess....
With our halves there is no way we should finish last irrespective of the rest of the roster. You have to remember that Moses was missing for about half the season this year and Asi was a project player who actually imo improved during the season.

There will be a bit of short term pain until we improve the rest of the spine with a rookie fullback and a more than serviceable hooker in Hands. There is no way we'll finish last and I'm even expecting a top 8 finish next year with a realistically reasonable expectation we'll challenger for a grand final the year after as both Penrith (loss of players) and Storm (spine players ageing) being less influential.

Glenneel

Bench
It's no risk imo.....

Gutho is done...he is on a massive decline, best to get rid of him asap and start the rebuild now...same with RCG......great player but we got the best years out if him....now it's time to plan ahead....

The most mind boggling thing in all this, is why these guys are signed on such massive overs.....another thing ive mentioned ad nauseam and that continually baffles me is how Paulo is on around 950k per season..truly unbelievable stuff.
To be honest I don't believe this figure and would assume on around same amount as RCG $700-800k.

Glenneel

Bench
View attachment 95383
Not sure I’ve ever mentioned this before. But an old lady randomly gave my mum a dusty unopened bottle of port as she had loads and was going to throw it out.

I have it saved in my man shed and think it’s amazing it’s called “Para” and it’s from 1947. Apologies if anyone has identified this before but I swore I’d crack it open in 22 if we won but it wasn’t to be. I mostly hate port however I’ve never cleaned the dust off and it’s a great addition besides by retro jerseys etc.
(FYI that’s a stock photo mine is in the cave and I’m lazy).

Is anyone a port drinker? Has the name / Vintage been mentioned on here before?
I'd be glad to take it off your hands. Has it been kept in a cool place all these years?

Zoso

Juniors

If anyone is bored over the off-season and loves watching old games of footy.

A chunk of this match was put on YouTube.

1986 when we beat Manly at Brookvale.
Love those deep back lines. Just watched the first 5 mins. Paul Taylor: four tackles in a row then kick pressure. Legend

Latest posts