What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
We shouldn’t worry about depth , we have Ponnisi of the West and his Tigers mate surveying the market and negotiating. Let’s see how that pans out, certainly need better results than in the recent past.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lussick tried hard towards the back end of the year. Brought some enthusiasm off the bench and scored a few tries.
But he can’t pass, he isn’t better than Hands. You can’t have a 9 with service as poor as his, it stunts the teams attack. That’s not taking into account the times he just waddles around in defence which doesn’t get shown in stats because he isn’t even in a position to miss a tackle
No he's not better than Hands, but he is no worse. That's why one coach preferred one and another coach preferred the other.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sivo made a living out of scoring those tries from 20m out and apparently he is 5/10 bog average. Maybe Lomax should have been passing the ball to him in 25 ? Cos who is going to be passing the ball to Lomax if he plays wing ?
A spine player, with the centre running a decoy line

Chipmunk

Coach
I reckon Lomax plays on the wing for us for the simple reason that we don't need a centre - Penisini is obviously one centre, and our other is likely to be Simonsson.

We do need a winger to complement Sivo, though, and Lomax fits the bill.
Dude, where have been? Sivo is long gone.

The Colonel

Immortal
Which is better?
2. Lomax
3. Simonsson

Or

2. Simonsson
3.Lomax

3. Gutherson
2. Lomax

However, that is unlikely.

I would be really happy to see;

3. Samrani
2. Lomax

For the simple reason, wing IMO is the best position for Lomax and Samrani, despite not having had much exposure to first grade has played mostly in NSW at centre but also in the backrow, suggesting his defence is reasonable or better.

84 Baby

Referee
Remember when Blake Ferguson had spiders on him and could not buy a pass from Waqa ?
It’s not that simple though. Whilst he never got a pass, Fergo was still excellent (mostly) at other aspects especially rucking it out to lay a platform for opportunities for Waqa to hog it. When Waqa was moved to wing, he was not excellent at them. Although the analogy would’ve been better if Fergo was a decent centre.

For what it’s worth though, I also think Lomax will play mostly centre next year but really with an eye to 2026 roster. If one of Simonsson, Russell or someone else can prove the NRL good, then great. If not, then we can look at who’s available for wing or centre

Avenger

Immortal
3. Gutherson
2. Lomax

3. Samrani
2. Lomax

For the simple reason, wing IMO is the best position for Lomax and Samrani, despite not having had much exposure to first grade has played mostly in NSW at centre but also in the backrow, suggesting his defence is reasonable or better.
I like this suggestion.

84 Baby

Referee
3. Gutherson
2. Lomax

3. Samrani
2. Lomax

I think first one too but I also don’t think that’s sustainable. You’d still be looking for a new outside back for 2026 (at least).

Samrani/Papalii/anyone else, sure but they need to prove it

The Colonel

Immortal
I think first one too but I also don’t think that’s sustainable. You’d still be looking for a new outside back for 2026 (at least).

Samrani/Papalii/anyone else, sure but they need to prove it

Regardless of who is put in what position, proving it is essential. Reputation shouldn't factor.

Stat wise, Samrani makes sense.

The Colonel

Immortal
Has there ever been a time since Gutherson arrived that there wasn’t a drama and constant media speculation of his next deal? Maybe the first extension with us but his Manager and him lose plenty of class every time this comes around.

It's an annoying saga.

I think there has been drama surrounding quite a number of contract negotiations involving our club. Media speculation has played a considerable part and still does regardless of the player at the moment other than virtual unknowns and even then Guymer's agent and his reluctance to stay was in the media within a few days of the likes of Talagi and Arthur leaving as well.

I feel it is as much the player managers as it is the naivety of our board that allows this to happen on a regular basis.

Avenger

Immortal
I think there has been drama surrounding quite a number of contract negotiations involving our club. Media speculation has played a considerable part and still does regardless of the player at the moment other than virtual unknowns and even then Guymer's agent and his reluctance to stay was in the media within a few days of the likes of Talagi and Arthur leaving as well.

Maybe so but Gutherson is a recidivist offender.

Latest posts