What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
If that idiot Greenberg does not understand that Seeweed was using the method shown at his prior clubs to set uup TPAs , then he is more stupid than I originally thought

This whole problem was brought to a head by 1. Sacking staff 2. Those staff leaving the building having copied internal documents and meetings 3. Ongoing instability and rumour spreading from sources that have done it for years.4. Certain figures at other clubs going to the media with stories leaked by 3

Have to accept we were caught doing what everyone does, and trust that those in charge now take the reins and steer the club well to encourage outsiders to join the journey

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So if semi is saying TPA's haven't been paid, isn't this evidence we can use to show the NRL TPA haven't been guaranteed by the club which they are claiming.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'd bet if Semi married a qlder, theyll make him a qld citizen and he'll play soo for the maroons

strider

Post Whore
So if semi is saying TPA's haven't been paid, isn't this evidence we can use to show the NRL TPA haven't been guaranteed by the club which they are claiming.

Actually i would say it confirms us as cheating merkins cos our dodgy TPAs have suddenly dried up since shit went south

eels_fan

First Grade
Fox Sports footage from the airport. Interviewed Jarryd who said from his convo with Semi he is back to play for parra.

Police have confirmed Semi was detained at the airport and transported to the police station for questioning

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Haven't seen a lot of Manly but the few game I have watched I've liked what he's been doing.

Averages 100m a game without playing huge minutes, over 10m a run suggests he challenges the advantage line regularly. He's a big dude who runs hard, and will be reasonably cheap (theoretically)....great signing if true.

He's not as good but a similar style of player to Paulo (very good attacking forward but drags arse in defence and leaves holes).

I was comparing Paulo with Wicks on another site yesterday, so I may as well expose Vave to my ignorant judgement as well.

Wicks has played 13 games this year, Paulo 14 and Vave 15 (he has played every game so far). Paulo has run for 100+ metres eight times, while Wicks and Vave have hit 100m seven times each. That 100 metre metric is fairly arbitrary, but I'm not a very good analyst, so we'll run with it.

I haven't looked at offloads or tackle breaks or linebreaks (not even LBAs!!!) but I suspect Paulo and Vave would be well ahead of Wicks in these categories.

But in defence Wicks leaves the other two for dead (figuratively). Wicks is the only one of the three to make 30+ tackles in a game, which he did four times (and one of those times he actually made over 40). Only twice did he fail to make 20 tackles in a game. Meanwhile neither Paulo nor Vave have made 30 tackles in a game this year (never in their careers, I would guess) plus six times out of fourteen Paulo made less than 20 tackles. Vave made less than 20 tackles in 12 games out of 15, the slug.

And of course these stats all depend for context on minutes played, which I haven't bothered with. You merkins just aren't worth the effort.

Anyway, Arthur consistently played Paulo in the team, allegedly made an offer for 2017, and has possibly signed Vave, so he's clearly happy to carry a defensive liability in the pack if the other middle forwards work hard enough. In that light, Vave seems like another inspired signing, especially if we got him cheap enough.

yy_cheng

Coach
He's not as good but a similar style of player to Paulo (very good attacking forward but drags arse in defence and leaves holes).

I was comparing Paulo with Wicks on another site yesterday, so I may as well expose Vave to my ignorant judgement as well.

Wicks has played 13 games this year, Paulo 14 and Vave 15 (he has played every game so far). Paulo has run for 100+ metres eight times, while Wicks and Vave have hit 100m seven times each. That 100 metre metric is fairly arbitrary, but I'm not a very good analyst, so we'll run with it.

I haven't looked at offloads or tackle breaks or linebreaks (not even LBAs!!!) but I suspect Paulo and Vave would be well ahead of Wicks in these categories.

But in defence Wicks leaves the other two for dead (figuratively). Wicks is the only one of the three to make 30+ tackles in a game, which he did four times (and one of those times he actually made over 40). Only twice did he fail to make 20 tackles in a game. Meanwhile neither Paulo nor Vave have made 30 tackles in a game this year (never in their careers, I would guess) plus six times out of fourteen Paulo made less than 20 tackles. Vave made less than 20 tackles in 12 games out of 15, the slug.

And of course these stats all depend for context on minutes played, which I haven't bothered with. You merkins just aren't worth the effort.

Anyway, Arthur consistently played Paulo in the team, allegedly made an offer for 2017, and has possibly signed Vave, so he's clearly happy to carry a defensive liability in the pack if the other middle forwards work hard enough. In that light, Vave seems like another inspired signing, especially if we got him cheap enough.

ita about balance pou and value for your cap space. Wicks though not signed yet, provides the defence vave will provide the uncertainty of offloads in attack.

Another point that I think is worth looking at is the number of meters made after a hit up or offload. This will show the momentum the player provided whether from a fast play the ball or damage to the defensive line

Latest posts