What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's obvious he needs help in his negotiating because all BA seems to do is take a gamble on up and coming players like Gutherson which has worked, some obviously haven't or play overs for has beens like Watmough.
Paying overs wasn't an issue because much of it was in illegal TPAs. So cheating might've been a problem but cap management never was. I'm happy with our recruiting.
just think that besides the old Manly connection Arthur's recruiting skills are way overrated as is our team and his coaching.
How is our team overrated? The bookies had us to finish well outside the eight at the start of the year.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Glenneel, do you really think that the team/ club /coach is not doing all it can to be successful? It's not as if it's the coaches own money he needs to spend.
Contrary to popular belief, winning comps is not a 'habit' that can be fostered.

Gronk

Staff member
Bid deal. We are still the only club without a major sponsor. Embarassing

I think you need to think our situation through. We got caught cheating last year. Our best player was suspended for drug possession and consorting with criminals + posting cunnilingus pics on social media. Our second best player and top try scorer was up for a serious domestic violence (kicking a pregnant woman). Our club has had years (decades ?) of infighting because of factions who were seemingly happy to see the club fail, so they can take power.

Our brand is shot. We are or were very unattractive to major brands and need to rebuild our reputation by:-

1. Appointing a independent board and ridding ourselves of past factions. (tick).
2. Be competitive on the field and play an attractive brand of footy (tick - ish).
3. Maintain or even grow our fan numbers and TV ratings so that the market sees value in being aligned to the Eels. (tick).

Our Chairman Max has indicated that he he is not going to sell our brand for unders - so what may I ask is wrong about that ? You prefer that we whore ourselves off to the first $2 shop that offers us a mars bar and can of coke ?

Stevie

Bench
maybe the coach isn't the problem maybe it's the who is in charge of the NRL level recruiting.
I know Dragons had to get someone else in with better negotiating skills as they were missing out on players and paying overs for others. If the recruitment manager can't communicate with the player managers in a certain way the managers will push players elsewhere unless the money is much better there than anywhere else.

Oh really? Who have the Dragons signed recently?
Was this the same guru who negotiated Ben Hunts shrewd appointment?

ash411

Bench
I think you need to think our situation through. We got caught cheating last year. Our best player was suspended for drug possession and consorting with criminals + posting cunnilingus pics on social media. Our second best player and top try scorer was up for a serious domestic violence (kicking a pregnant woman). Our club has had years (decades ?) of infighting because of factions who were seemingly happy to see the club fail, so they can take power.

Our brand is shot. We are or were very unattractive to major brands and need to rebuild our reputation by:-

1. Appointing a independent board and ridding ourselves of past factions. (tick).
2. Be competitive on the field and play an attractive brand of footy (tick - ish).
3. Maintain or even grow our fan numbers and TV ratings so that the market sees value in being aligned to the Eels. (tick).

Our Chairman Max has indicated that he he is not going to sell our brand for unders - so what may I ask is wrong about that ? You prefer that we whore ourselves off to the first $2 shop that offers us a mars bar and can of coke ?
Absolutely we should.

Apparently according to some merkins in this thread, having a brand logo on your f*&king jersey is the most important thing.

honestly, I can't believe anyone cares that we don't have a major sponsor this year. I especially think it's stupid that someone could be embarrassed by it.

Latest posts