What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not a big fan of Matt Lodge, but his signing could turn out to be astute:

* still contracted to the Broncos, so he isn't costing us much on our cap;

* he was once touted as a future Broncos captain, and has now been told he can leave the club - I'm sure he will play with a massive chip on his shoulder in 2021

Plus, he is still a better player than Kane Evans.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm not a big fan of Matt Lodge, but his signing could turn out to be astute:

* still contracted to the Broncos, so he isn't costing us much on our cap;

* he was once touted as a future Broncos captain, and has now been told he can leave the club - I'm sure he will play with a massive chip on his shoulder in 2021

Plus, he is still a better player than Kane Evans.

I feel we have enough middles. Its background we need. Lodge would mean Kafusi won't get a spot. With Jnr and Rcg in long term deals where is the room for guys like Hollis and Hughes. They need a pathway.

Jnr,rcg,Brown,Niakuore,Kafusi are all good enough middles.
I feel Lanes also more suited there. You then have Stone and Hipgrave along with young bulls Hollis and Hughes.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I feel we have enough middles. Its background we need. Lodge would mean Kafusi won't get a spot. With Jnr and Rcg in long term deals where is the room for guys like Hollis and Hughes. They need a pathway.

I feel Lanes also more suited there. You then have Stone and Hipgrave along with young bulls Hollis and Hughes.
Fair comment mate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

There's five or six middle forwards in the top 17.

We have enough. But he's a different style to all other than maybe Niukore. Hughes will probably end out on the edge, or at least a 13.

Of course, we have no idea whether the club are actually going to sign the meathead or not. But a meathead in the hand is usually better than a meathead in the bush.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Injuries, suspensions, loss of form, and the possibility of unavailability due to representative football, all mean that having a long depth chart in key positions is invaluable.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm not basing it just off those 6 games, i never got the massive wraps he was getting in 2019 as well. Living up here i watch most Donkey's games and while solid was hardly the world beater were talking him up as. A stats padding grubby piece of shit. And as for his mongrel??? I remember our finals against him in 2019 and he took the first hit up and got smashed and then disappeared for the rest of the game until he tried to bash a halfback in Moses.

Is he really much of an upgrade on Evans on what they have offered the last 2 years?? Add in all his baggage and his injury concerns and i am not a fan of this at all.
Agree totally that he isn't a world beater but I think he is an upgrade on Evans.

Soto

Bench
Is Lodge better than:
- Alvaro
- Evans
- Terepo

Granted none of them are at the club but played some part this year.
He is definitely an upgrade.
Pretty sure also played junior footy with Moses and Nathan Brown..
The game is getting faster however still need to go forward before going wide...
Lodge and a centre would give us a strong top 30

Latest posts