What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
When does the top 29 need to be filled?

And its a bit silly MJ has not been sorted. It's been 5mths. Not only is it taking up a roster spot but also at a guess 250-300k towards the salary cap.
Wether or not it will be reimbursed.

The same goes for the Dragons and De Bellin. They have been 600k under the cap due to NRL banning him whilst not proved guilty. I do feel if he is found not guilty they should sue the NRL.
At this point we have 1 more spot to fill to get tom29 and then another by June 30. We also will gain a spot when MJ case is closed.
Menko situation not as bad as DeBellend clusterf**k.
My assumption is having Menko as a capped player we have the option if/once he’s gone to count him towards squad totals but if we only run with 29 players (Menko gone but no replacement) for season then we don’t get access to cap refund

T.S Quint

Coach
Not worth 800k. Dogs have spent a lot on the backline already. But prob have room due to inexpensive halves and spine in general.

$800k is a lot to spend on a centre who is a woeful defender. Top notch attack though, so I guess that’s what everyone pays for these days.

eels_fan

First Grade
$800k is a lot to spend on a centre who is a woeful defender. Top notch attack though, so I guess that’s what everyone pays for these days.

Moses used to be a woeful defender but has improved markedly in recent years.

defence can be coached into someone as its technique and system based.

Class attack though is instinctual and whilst it can be worked on, you either have it or you don’t.

He may not be that bad a defender. The Broncs system (and effort inside) was shot to bits last year. Makes it pretty hard to defend at centre. Imagine him on one side and Waqa on the other. Our defense would be more balanced.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Some bitter merkin must have hit him with a crow bar or an iron bar of some description.

tenor.gif

T.S Quint

Coach
He may not be that bad a defender. The Broncs system (and effort inside) was shot to bits last year. Makes it pretty hard to defend at centre. Imagine him on one side and Waqa on the other. Our defense would be more balanced.

Imagining him on one side and Waqa on the other in defence doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence, however you may be right about balance. We could certainly use his attacking prowess in our side, that’s for sure.

Imagining him on one side and Waqa on the other in defence doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence, however you may be right about balance. We could certainly use his attacking prowess in our side, that’s for sure.

I was referring to balance on defense. The opposition won't know which side to run at.

T-Boon

Coach
i actually think Sivo would make a great centre. He really doesn’t offer much bringing the ball back. He would cause some real damage in closer.

you would think our coaching staff particularly our HC and OC would have a good idea of each outside backs skill set and upside at each position. Since he was poor on the wing last year and we have lost our main centre they would surely at least look at him there during the pre season. He definitely sucks as a hit up man.